iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Spring Firewood

Started by Corley5, March 22, 2021, 10:30:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corley5

1st load of Spring Firewood.  Almost all beech.  Nice processor wood.  Orders are coming in.  I've got a couple on Class A Roads that I can do before frost laws are lifted.  We figure they'll be on another two weeks.  Syrup season needs to end first 😉🙂

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

SwampDonkey

You have no snow!! :o

I've been stacking wood under the porch I cut last fall. Some still froze in on the bottom, but the sun will loosen'r up. Only have to walk 15 feet. :D Won't be rushed for wood cutting this year, more casual process than usual. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

cutterboy

Beech makes good firewood. Your customers should be happy with that.
Maple syrup and firewood. Two activities that take a lot of work.
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

SwampDonkey

Yes lots of work in both activities, but good for the ticker. But when you've lived like a bear all winter, don't try to do too much the first day. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Corley5

Working the sugar bush on snow shoes all winter keeps you ready for it.  Making the sugar is the easy part ;) ;D :)
  Snow's pretty much gone.  67 degrees here today.  Burning some standing dead beach in the evaporator this season.  It makes good heat 8) 8)

Thomasjw4

Not sexy firewood, but teaching my 13 year old daughter to run a saw

SwampDonkey

She all burns in my stove: I've burned lots of fir, spruce and aspen. Besides hardwood. Yah know, there is firewood snobs in some neighborhoods. hahaha :D

Corley5

I got ten cords of ash in a couple days ago.  My yard is pretty empty at the moment.  I usually stock up while frost laws are on.  I'm on a class A road and there are always loads available.  Our frost was deep with the cold winter and normally my yard holds up good.  Not this year.  The freeze thaw cycles are keeping it swampy and impassable for heavy trucks.  Mark brought this in when it was 5 degrees.  Froze solid.  I've got an order in for 100 cords of green 100" and the same job I bought all the ash from last summer is going back online after the weight restriction go off with more ash and it has my name on it.
  I've got 135 face cords on order when frost laws and syrup are done.  It's going to be a busy year.

SwampDonkey

Good to be busy and profitable. :)

barbender

It is a horrible sloppy mess in MN this year, too. This is one of the nastiest springs I can remember.
Too many irons in the fire

Thank You Sponsors!