iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tigercat saw adjustment?

Started by jay_d, May 04, 2022, 03:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay_d

Wondering if someone could tell me where and how to adjust the saw pressure, and recovery on my 726b. I'm pretty sure it uses the old style rex Roth pump idk about the motor. The only adjustment I've been able to find on the machine is a hex headed lock bolt on the front side of the saw pump, no idea what it does.

I do have a gauge but no idea where to plumb it

kiko

I can help with this if you still need it.

jay_d

Yeah I'd appreciate it if you could

kiko

I will gather up pictures tomorrow  to help explain the process.  You will need a 5000psi gauge.  

kiko

The saw pressure should be around 4000psi cold and 3800 with oil hot. I like to do this set when oil is cold.  Standing at the back of the machine the saw pump is on the bottom right.  There should be a quick disconnect  nipple right where the pressure hose connects to the pump

And also on the saw motor, either will work I like to use the one on the pump rather than the motor

The port marked blue is system pressure.

kiko

With Guage installed at pump.  Block saw disk( will be stalled for entire process. Throttle to 1500 or so , turn saw pump on, note pressure reading.  Listen for the saw main relief to blow over in the front controls valve, if you hear a hiss let me know that needs to be resolved first.  Machine can be shut down and restarted through out this process.  Next turn the pump pressure down to 3200 psi at the saw pump .

The blue arrow is the pump POR,  turning the Allen out will decrease pressure.  The red adjustment  is pump stand by which is not used in this application  and it should be and probably already is bottomed out
Also the pump controller may look different , if so it will have acorn nuts that take have to be removed to access Allen and jam nut.  The POR position is the same..

kiko

Shut machine down and install a Guage in the front port on saw motor.

Marked in red.  Your machine may not have Guage connectors already installed if not there will just be plugs in that spot.  With Guage installed.  Start machine same way as before , with saw on and stalled and pump at 3200 this Guage should read 1000 psi.    The adjustment is at the back of the saw motor under the rear block. It takes a 10mm wrench and 3mm allen.

Allen.
This adjustment can be difficult to dial in , as it will change as you tighten the jam nut.  Get as close to 1000psi when you have the jam nut tight.

Next return to the pump and turn the POR in until approx 4000 psi.   If non of the settings can be achieved we may need to address underlying issues.  

kiko

This is the saw motor max displacement adjustment, (19mm wrench 6mm allen) it controls the motor speed.  Careful with this one the saw motor can be damaged.   That will be at the end if the set up procedure does not produce the results you want.

It is located on the front of the saw motor.   Saw teeth condition is important  to performance.  No saw will recover properly  when trying to hammer mill the tree off the stump verses cutting it.

jay_d

I absolutely positively appreciate all the good info you've posted here. Thanks alot

jay_d

Tried to do a setup today and had some problems, couldn't get my new saw pump to go over 3200 pounds on the gauge. After it hit hit 3200 it just stopped gaining even after a full turn and a half that was it.

kiko

Thank You Sponsors!