iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Watcha Makin'?

Started by Old Greenhorn, May 20, 2022, 07:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crusarius

So after looking at my wifesw sign on the lauan right next to my nice walnut sign I decided that would not do. So I made my wife a nicer one.

Crusarius

not sure if I have a book. I have just kind of been playing and got lucky on the settings for walnut. I am going to make an enclosure like 21incher has over his laser and do a direct vent outside. Having to open the doors in the shop this time of year is not great.

I have also been laser marking the back of my business cards for a little more information. 

21incher

Another interesting effect you can get on canvas is spray multiple layers of different  color spray paint on the canvas. Engrave as a photo and the power levels of a greyscale will result in a multicolor painting as it burns through different color paint layers.  Wild cherry is my absolute favorite wood for laser engraving. 
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

tule peak timber

Not a great pic, but out they go. :)

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

JRWoodchuck

Those book matched panels are really awesome Thule! Is that piece of wood at the bottom of the photo some sort of giant dovetail?
Home built bandsaw mill still trying find the owners manual!

tule peak timber

Parts and bits of the old sailboat keel we just sawed

Larry

WDH and YH talked about how nice the HF hydraulic cart was for processing lumber....so I bought one I guess 6 months ago.  I do like it for surfacing lumber out of the kiln but found I use it for many other things.

Nothing heavy, but a few parts for segmented boxes I'm making.  Parts are close by to aid in production.

I didn't like the handle to lower the table as it was always in the way when processing lumber so I made a quick and dirty mod and got rid of the handle.  I thought of something with a bell crank but quick won out.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

tule peak timber

Nice ! How much weight will it hold?

Larry

HF says its good for 1,000 pounds.  I've had a big stack of lumber on it without any problems.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

ScottMW

This is a great thread, Plenty of really cool ideas. I'm no pro but I've been messing around with some red cedar that I milled last spring.

ScottMW

tule peak timber

doc henderson

tell us more TPT.  is it a foe beam and missing a side, or ???  for the edge of a ceiling?
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Don P

Faux... blame the French and my Mother's flashcards  :D
(but handy in scrabble!)

doc henderson

yes you are right.  I have spelled it both ways.  
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

tule peak timber

This is a 23' Ponderosa Pine light distressed L shaped faux beam. I'm not sure what they are doing with it. There are 3 more matching beams in this series that I need to figure out this weekend how to build. These 3 will have partial ends and backs showing and need to blend into an opening, more or less the same size. Bit of a challenge. The color approved sample I'm building to.

Crusarius

ummm, pretty sure scotty never beamed up half a person. I think you got the name wrong :)

doc henderson

tule peak timber

In my current pack of puppies, we have Rocky, Bullwinkle, Boris, Natasha and Wiley Coyote. I watch too much TV!! 

doc henderson

we have had a Norman Rockwell, Scout (from to kill a mockingbird) Winn Dixie, and now Libby born on the fourth of July (lady liberty) prince (my dads dog growing up was King) and griffin.

thecfarm

ScottMW, keep those no pro projects coming.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ScottMW

I did a little more tinkering last weekend.I took a piece of red cedar and a trail cam picture to a friend who owns a cnc and came back with this.  We did it as an experiment for future woodworking projects. I thought it turned out petty neat. 

Walnut Beast

Very cool! Excellent buck and camera! 

firefighter ontheside

I'm narrowing in on finishing these big cabinets.  I'm currently painting the faceframes and doors.  The faceframes will be attached with pocket screws and glue.  None of the sides will be seen as these 4 cabinets go next to each other from wall to wall in a kitchen.

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

firefighter ontheside

A quick little project last week was to make some little doors and a top for this vanity.  My coworker didnt like the way this vanity looked, so he wanted a new top and doors.  He then installed a different bowl type sink.  I like the way the doors turned out and the top had some great grain.

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Thank You Sponsors!