iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fanning Mills

Started by 51cub, January 02, 2023, 05:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

51cub

Has anybody here ever restored a fanning mill? Is there a good place to get information about them?
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

Don P

Maybe try contacting spoom (Society for the Preservation of Old Mills). If you do facebook I think they have a page.

dogone

Shouldn't be difficult. They are not high tech. We used them into the 80's for small jobs. There are still metal frame ones sitting outside and could be used in a few hours. The old wood frame ones will be badly deteriorated if sitting outside.

Don P

@51cub I took some pics at work from Wendel's book "American Farm Implements and Antiques".  
Amazon.com: C. H. Wendel: books, biography, latest update

There were 4 or 5 pages on fanning mills/seed cleaners, it's really just sketches and an inventory of manufacturers and machines. Like his sawmill book if you know it. If it's of any use pm me your email and I'll send the pics of those pages.

51cub

Thank you, @Don P . I'm sure that book is in the house somewhere. I'll check it out 
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

Thank You Sponsors!