iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood chipper choice

Started by kkcomp, September 19, 2023, 08:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkcomp

Clearing out a lot of brush and looking at getting a PTO chipper. Has anyone got any experience to share? I have narrowed the choices down to the
Woodland WC68 6" PTO Wood Chipper https://woodlandmills.com/wc68-6-pto-wood-chipper/
Or the Woodmaxx WM-8H https://woodmaxx.com/product/woodmaxx-wm-8h/
There are pros and cons to each of course so is it better to have a faster flywheel with less blades or slower with more blades?
Max log size of 6 inch vs 8 inch is not a big deal to me because over 4-6 is firewood anyhow. Recommendations of other brands in the same price range welcomed as well.

Why is there never time to do it right but always time to do it over?
Rework is the bane of my existence
Norwood HD38 Kubota B3300HSU Honda Rancher many Stihl and Echo saws, JCB 1400b Backhoe

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

kkcomp

Why is there never time to do it right but always time to do it over?
Rework is the bane of my existence
Norwood HD38 Kubota B3300HSU Honda Rancher many Stihl and Echo saws, JCB 1400b Backhoe

DanielW

My father has the Woodland mills one - serves him fine for what he does with it. Bought it as the company is based nearby and I know the owners - very friendly people. But I did a little work with a Woodmaxx one when I was down in the US for work. Not enough to get a really good feel for it, but enough to know it was very similar. It might have fed a little nicer, but that could just have been what we were feeding. I don't think you can go too wrong with either option. Both are made overseas, both do a decent job.

What tractor do you have to run it? I think the Woodmaxx one sticks out a little further, so might make the front end of the tractor a little lighter when travelling with it. The Woodland one of my father's can make the front end pretty light if he has it on a smaller tractor with no loader or front weights. Most of the time we use it on a Fordson Major, which is a good match for it.

Thank You Sponsors!