iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

gauging you cut

Started by highpockets, February 07, 2006, 08:43:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpgreen

I apologise at my very poor atempt at humor Leweee.. smiley_big-grin2 but what I was really gettin' at was was your ruler system a factory add on?
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

jpgreen

I just bought 3 decals from Woodmizer.  One an inch scale I believe and the other 2 were a 4/4 scale for soft and hard wood.

Don't quote me on that.  I don't know what I'm doin' yet..  :D

leweee

Quote from: jpgreen on February 09, 2006, 09:48:19 PM
I apologise at my very poor atempt at humor Leweee.. smiley_big-grin2 but what I was really gettin' at was was your ruler system a factory add on?

No apology necessary jp.....mill came with a stick measure on the side of the setworks.....not user friendly......so I use the newfee accuset and put the marks on the end of the cant....kind of a direct approach. ;D :D :)
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

highpockets

Leweee, from your description of tailman, I am assuming there are more than just yourself.  You know that is cheating. 

Old Kevin has a good idea.  Kevin, where did you get the strips that long?

Jp, what is the difference of a scale for hard and soft wood?  I just joking, did you send the drawing?

Boy, I found some stacking sticks yesterday. There are thousands of them.   We loaded 500 of the 1,000 I bought and came home.   
Louisiana Country boy
homemade mill, 20 h.p. Honda & 4 h.p. for hydraulics.  8 hydraulic circuits, loads, clamps, rotates, etc.

Kevin

I got them at the local hardware store, they can be ordered on-line as well.
I put tape over the magnetic strip then mark the tape.
You just set them against the saw head and they works...set works.  ;D

jpgreen

Yeah Dick.  I sent the drawing.  I hope it's all you needed.

Now you can send me about 500 hundred sticks...  :D

leweee

Quote from: highpockets on February 10, 2006, 05:46:24 AM
Leweee, from your description of tailman, I am assuming there are more than just yourself.  You know that is cheating.     

Dick....Hydraulics is cheating....tailman is standard equipment on a manual mill....besides the newfee accuset ain't accurate without one....read your manual mill manual....tailman are standard equipment. ;D :D :)
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

highpockets

Jp I got it thanks.  As for the sticks, if you did not live over The Rockies I'd bring you some.  As a matter of  fact I don't think you will ever get that mill running and need to bring it to me.  I'll meet you in Dallas, Texas. 

Leweee,  There is me and a guy that is 71. Even with the hydraulics we don't add up to one. 

Louisiana Country boy
homemade mill, 20 h.p. Honda & 4 h.p. for hydraulics.  8 hydraulic circuits, loads, clamps, rotates, etc.

leweee

Dick....I'm 54 and my tailman is 40yrs young......wanna race? ;D

See ya at the Shoot Out 8) 8) 8)

highpockets

Leweee,

Back in the 60's I used to build and try to run a few dragsters.  If a car was slower or underpowered, we use to SPOT them.  This was giving one a car length or two ahead.  Well if you spot me and Billy a week on 6 logs, I might take you up on the idea. 

We have a special way of sawing.  First we don't work in temperatures lower than 45 degrees.  We do not work with an empty coffee cup.   If someone drives up we shut down and visit.   Around 2 0clock we discuss a nap.  Sometimes we just quit for the day.   If anything breaks on the mill, it might take us several days discussing the problem before we go to the shop for the tools. 

I think you may win but we'll run.
Louisiana Country boy

Dan_Shade

that's my method of sawing, highpockets! only it's diet coke, water, or iced tea, and on rare occasions, gatorade.

had an older fella down the road from me out walking stop by one day, turned out he had some old logging stories, I guess he was a logger in his younger days.  I've had two people stop by to chat while I've been sawing, and I live on a dead end road :)

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

jpgreen

Glad you got the drawings Dick.

I'm begining to think I may not get my mill running neither..  :D  Where's Texas?..  ???

highpockets

Welllllllll, it ain't close to you, that is for sure.  I wish it was, I'd help you fix that mill. I know you know how but I probably have more time.  Only if it is warm weather.   

Louisiana Country boy

jpgreen

It's 27 dgrs out here right now..  ;D

I finally got everything out here to get her goin' so we'll start today.

Thank You Sponsors!