iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Insurance

Started by Chuck White, May 29, 2008, 01:36:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck White

For all of you that are mobile.

Do any of you have insurance on your mill to cover accidents or vandalism while your mill is on a customers property?

I can't seem to find insurance around here to cover it.

Any feedback appreciated.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

mike_van

Chuck, a quick tip - Use the search tab above, type in 'insurance'  There's probably a few hours of reading there -
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

saw4you

I have 2 sawmills covered with Nationwide, the only catch is I can not leave it overnight on a job, if I do and something happens they will not cover it. I would not leave it overnight anyways.

Jack

MikeH

I had very hard time finding it. Called another mobile sawyer in area and found some. Got $1,000,000 in liabilty and saw covered for around $800 a year. Covered anytime anyplace.

woodmills1

Farm Family covers mine but you need at least 10 acres to get in with them
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Chuck White

Thanks for the replies.

At least now I have a starting point.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Mo

If you give WM a call, 1-800-525-8100, they'll have a company you can call. I don't remember who it is at this time.

johncinquo

Quote from: MikeH on May 29, 2008, 09:26:12 PM
I had very hard time finding it. Called another mobile sawyer in area and found some. Got $1,000,000 in liabilty and saw covered for around $800 a year. Covered anytime anyplace.

Who is the carrier? 
To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

Captain

Farm Family covers mine also.  I think the limitation is 5 acres...it is a rider on our farm policy.

Captain

Thank You Sponsors!