bluecreeper saves a small pair of cutting pliers

Started by Jeff, August 26, 2012, 02:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

While cleaning out my barn, I found, laying on the concrete under some metal shelving, a small pair of nippers that have probably been AWOL for 10 or 15 years.  They were seized completely closed. I figured it was the perfect time to use a few drops of bluecreeper. And of course I was right. ;D   Took some video to document it. I imagine if you had to go by a new pair, it would be a 10 dollar bill.

http://youtu.be/7mOMKEcDeLE
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

beenthere

Another success story for that Blue Creeper.
Similar to the large gun collection when I clued the curator on to Blue Creeper. He salvaged many old revolvers and long guns that had set around in humid storage for over 10 years after the collector died. His wife finally asked my friend to prepare the guns for sale. When I first saw the guns, there were rare pistols and guns with locked up hammers, triggers, and actions that a few drops of BC brought them back to working condition. Likely had a huge monetary impact on the value rec'd for the guns sold at gun shows around the country.
Good video Jeff. A little bit of BC goes a long way. I use it often and give bottles away to friends I think can make good use of it.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

A nice testimonial for Bluecreeper for sure.

I should have done one Friday when removing an oxygen sensor.  At first it would not budge.  After Bluecreeper, it moved just a bit.  I just kept adding bc and working the sensor back and forth, like you were doing with the pliers.

I use bc so much that the testimonials could become a series.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

LOGDOG

Jeff

Jeff

I shared the video on the bluecreeper facebook page, and someone commented about it:

Quote"Don't be a cheapskate, Buy the large bottle, this stuff works great......."

If they only knew... :D :)

LOGDOG

That's interesting. I'm going to try some. I've got more than one project that could probably benefit from it. I ask about the phosphoric acid because, while phosphoric acid is great for removing rust, it can eat into things as well. Looks like this is completely safe.

Magicman

I have two of the small "injector" bottles, so I bought a 16 oz. bottle with the spray nozzle.  Now I can also keep the small bottles refilled.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Tam-i-am

It is great to hear that Bluecreeper is restoring different items.
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Ron Scott

A friend of mine had a pair of heavy duty lopping shears seized up with rust like that. He needed them to trim some shooting lanes for his deer blind, but they were not useable and he was going to through them away. I worked some bluecreeper into them for awhile and they soon became useable and he is still making good use of them. ;)
~Ron

Brad_bb

Whenever I've been working one stuff lately, be it the truck, dissassembling one of my antique Perfection heaters for restoration, or assembling anything, I've been using Rust...I mean BlueCreeper as both dissassembly and assembly lube to prevent future frozen hardware.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

SwampDonkey

I don't have much for rusted up stuff. But when I need some anti-seize I reach for the Blue Creeper with confidence to get the job done. 

Tammy, I like your new avatar with the cant hook. Or maybe it's a stick to keep everyone in line at LogRite. 8)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

Donk, I made that Avatar and put it on for her well over a year ago. ;)

SwampDonkey

I can't remember all the little details. :D

If it was that long ago, I'm sure I commented on it somewhere in this place. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))