iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

couple pics... post what your currently cutting

Started by RunningRoot, January 27, 2015, 08:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maine logger88

A load of fir pulp didn't plan on cutting any this summer but they were buying so I changed my plans so I could clean up a little
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

David-L

No haying this weekend , guess it's cutting wood for a paycheck.

In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

Gearbox

Barbender did you get to Hill City . Looks like you guy's did a bunch in a short time . I have a friend 3 miles east on 200 .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

David-L

Took a bit to get this load created with the fractured rib. It's a bit touchy. The rib that is, specially setting chokers.

Maine logger88

danbuendgen

David, that looks like a nice 240. Wana trade? Just kidding. Does that have a Cummins in it?

Currently cutting a lot of firewood and when I have the time to go logging some hemlock and white pine and more firewood to harvest....
It's firewood season. We've been spending more time at the wood pile then in the woods lately....

Load of log length firewood.

The 08 5500 at the wood pile. Need a conveyor for next year...

This is Frances the firewood dog. She looks friendly, but she is kind of vicious. Loves to hunt small animals. Not to friendly towards most men or female dogs..... She is kind of a pain but we still love her.
Husqvarna ~ TimberJack ~ Dodge Cummins

David-L

Maine Logger88, would you believe I wiped out Mountain biking on some hardcore rocky single track. Use to motorcycle but theres to many dingbats on the road now. It's safer in the woods as long as you stay on the bike. Ha!! Ha!!!

coxy

Quote from: danbuendgen on September 02, 2016, 07:21:22 PM
David, that looks like a nice 240. Wana trade? Just kidding. Does that have a Cummins in it?

Currently cutting a lot of firewood and when I have the time to go logging some hemlock and white pine and more firewood to harvest....
It's firewood season. We've been spending more time at the wood pile then in the woods lately....

Load of log length firewood.

The 08 5500 at the wood pile. Need a conveyor for next year...

This is Frances the firewood dog. She looks friendly, but she is kind of vicious. Loves to hunt small animals. Not to friendly towards most men or female dogs..... She is kind of a pain but we still love her.
is that your log truck

David-L

barbender

Gearbox, yessir, I just left the Hill City area. I picked up a piece that belongs to an Aitkin County commisioner, I can't remember her name. She has quite a bit of property on the East side of Hill Lake. Then down the road a few miles east, just past the Washburn Lake Road. That one wasn't blowdown though. Do you happen to live on the River Road? I thought I saw the "BT 6970" (I can't remember the model number right ;D) firewood processor one night when I was driving along at place along the road.
Too many irons in the fire

Maine logger88

Quote from: David-L on September 02, 2016, 09:41:20 PM
Maine Logger88, would you believe I wiped out Mountain biking on some hardcore rocky single track. Use to motorcycle but theres to many dingbats on the road now. It's safer in the woods as long as you stay on the bike. Ha!! Ha!!!
Ouch. I hear ya on the dingbats I used to ride dirt bikes till a guy ran into me with a four wheeler. Hope you heal fast!

danbuendgen

Quote from: coxy on September 02, 2016, 09:43:57 PM
is that your log truck

No, not my truck. I don't produce enough to justify the cost of my own truck. The trucker is Carl Brown. He does all my trucking since I started working for myself. I'm getting slightly nervous, he's in his mid sixty's now (I think). He says he's going to truck logs until he can't get a medical card, he looks very good for his age and is in good health.... But who knows. He is one of the best truckers in the area, and has trucked logs longer then I have been alive. Very fast on the loader, and get jam that truck and pup (pup not in photo) almost anywhere. He treats me very fairly on trucking prices. Wish I could produce a little more to keep him busier in the summer time....

Not sure if I ever would get into trucking. I have considered buying Carl's truck when he retires.... But talk about a ton of money to spend, fuel, repairs, keeping the DOT off you back... He lost the C16 Cat in that truck this last winter. Had over 30k hours on it. Cost him $30k in parts and labor to rebuild it.....
Husqvarna ~ TimberJack ~ Dodge Cummins

ehp

just some pics from today, nothing great 

golden oak

ehp

ehp

ehp

ehp

ehp

Ed_K

David, bet you wish you had a grapple right now. That's how I felt last may when I ripped the upper arm muscle and broke my lower right rib.
Ed K

David-L

Chokers work for me, TSI work is on every job and I am trying to keep my openings somewhat small as little blocks of under story is where it's at. Some of the grapple jobs ( not all ) look like a bomb went off. I am slow and that is that. This rib is sore though ED.

Puffergas

Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

BurkettvilleBob

Come on fellas, I need some more pictures, just went through the 54 pages over the last couple days, now what am I going to do with myself.

celliott

Quote from: BurkettvilleBob on September 05, 2016, 11:42:50 AM
Come on fellas, I need some more pictures, just went through the 54 pages over the last couple days, now what am I going to do with myself.

Have you checked out the "Timber harvest methods and equipment" thread? That's got way more pages  ;)
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

OH logger

Quote from: ehp on September 03, 2016, 06:51:29 PM

golden oak and soft maple

ehp does your soft maple ever have worm tracks in it? just curious cause your soft maple always looks great ;)
ours almost always does here
john

Thank You Sponsors!