iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

couple pics... post what your currently cutting

Started by RunningRoot, January 27, 2015, 08:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken

Doing a commercial thin in a 40+ year old stand of predominately yellow birch.  We are removing about 1/3 of the volume.  Bit of a make work project but we were in the area and it was something to help finish off the season.  Trail looks a little wide in picture but I usually keep them to about 15' in width.

Lots of toys for working in the bush

BargeMonkey

Quote from: Ken on March 13, 2017, 08:16:21 PM
Doing a commercial thin in a 40+ year old stand of predominately yellow birch.  We are removing about 1/3 of the volume.  Bit of a make work project but we were in the area and it was something to help finish off the season.  Trail looks a little wide in picture but I usually keep them to about 15' in width.

Those CTL jobs always look so clean and I'm sure it's nice staying warm all day. 👍

BargeMonkey

Got some wood cut, desperately trying to get done on this job, walked 3 lots yesterday and ready to go. Just finished tracking down chain for the delimber and today I lost a final on my timbco 😣 there's 7-10k and 1-2wks down time.

I gimp walked her sideways about 1500yds, it was cute. 

Hitch after hitch of firewood, 100+ drag still on the ground from my last walkabout. 

some decent oak I cut today, supposed to hit the ground but got hung up on the line tree behind it, grapple makes quick work of it. 

BOAT is a bad word to me. 😂 had to go plug my tractor on this morning for an hr, hauling a pushboat on a job local, house has to come off to move it. 

I'm running out of stuff to haul on that trailer, ??? Done a house, boats, doing my best to avoid fat chick's 😂 but just imagine how many you could fit. 😂😂😂

mf40diesel

Got a few small turns in before "Stella" got here this morning.
John Deere 5055e, mfwd. Farmi JL306 Winch. Timberjack 225 Skidder. Splitfire splitter & Stihl saws.

ehp

Barge, your making WAY to much money , this has to stop or you need to spend a bunch , look at all that good timber your putting out . I can see a brand new TC 620 E or a 648/848 L jd in the near future at your place and a new multitek 3040 , that should help you on not having to pay so much in taxes

barbender

No pictures but we're pouring the coalsm to it here in northern MN. I think we have 6 processors and 5 forwarders working on this job- a big Federal Aspen thin ??? One processor is running 24/7, put out 300 cirds in one 24 hour period. Not easy to keep up with forwarding! I got out a solid 160 cords yesterday, I think between the me and the other 3 I was running with we had about 500 cords out yesterday. Very high production wood!
Too many irons in the fire

BargeMonkey

Quote from: barbender on March 15, 2017, 01:57:13 PM
No pictures but we're pouring the coalsm to it here in northern MN. I think we have 6 processors and 5 forwarders working on this job- a big Federal Aspen thin ??? One processor is running 24/7, put out 300 cirds in one 24 hour period. Not easy to keep up with forwarding! I got out a solid 160 cords yesterday, I think between the me and the other 3 I was running with we had about 500 cords out yesterday. Very high production wood!
Those #'s blow my mind, must be something to watch. Big CTL isn't popular here, 600 cord is more than some guys I know put out in 1 yr. 😂

Corley5

After working on other projects this winter it's time to go back to the woods.  I've got some saw timber that needs to be hand cut that we're going to start tomorrow weather permitting.  Next week the plan is to fire this up.  We pulled the batteries and put it to bed before the holidays.

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

BargeMonkey

Wish I was cutting wood, 28-30" of snow and getting sick of plowing / blowing snow. Literally use one machine to dig the next one out. 😂

We do 80-90 residential driveways and 10+ private subdivision roads, my father goes 1 way and I went the other. 

Frosts coming out of the ground, tried to avoid the dozer as much as I can. 

For what it is that F-350 eats my dirtymax alive, loves fuel but pushes snow. 😂

barbender

Barge, you guys sure keep a lot of plates spinning at once! It absolutely blows my mind how much stuff you have going, I don't know where the energy comes from!  This job is pretty impressive, we're up to the deadline on this sale and whatever we can't get out before breakup we'll lose. It's appraised at 1500 cords, sold as appraised. We're probably pushing 3000 cords already, so whatever else we get is bonus $$$. I worked late last night, didn't get out here til noon, and the trucks had hauled everything we bad put up yesterday :o It took me over an hour to get back to my machine, waiting for trucks.

snowstorm

You need to swap that 9 ft fisher for a 9ft 6 stainless vee.everyone that said I needed one was right. It's the only small plow I use on the only small truck I use

ehp

I wished I had one of those feller bunchers on this job, clear cut of scotch and red pine , most around 16 to 20 inch on the stump . Lots of limbs on that scotch pine so going to use a smaller saw so not play my arms out so bad

coxy

Autocar

BargeMonkey looks to me your burning the candle at both ends, not sure what your eating that gives you that much get up and go but sure could use some myself.
Bill

Corley5

Ran the saws about 4 hours today.  Got some timber on the ground 8)  I'd rather kill trees from a cab  ;) :D :)   

Corley5

The scotch pine going for pulp ???  I cut some with the harvester a couple years ago.  It was better than doing it by hand but all the limbs really slowed the process down.  I had about 40 cords pretty evenly split between bolts and pulp.  The bolts went to an Amish mill to be made into knotty pine paneling 8) 8)  The state of the pulp market here now I don't think I could move pine pulp :(

barbender

It seems that unless you are in the South, moving pine pulp is always a problem.

barbender

Our trucks have been yarding wood here for the last month or so, but almost all of the aspen in the last 3 nights, with 20+ loads being directly delivered to the mllls daily as well https://youtu.be/ZcWntb8dYn4

coxy

is that waiting to be sold  if so I would not want that hanging over my head my luck the mill would go under and I would have a bunch of top soil  :D

barbender

I don't know what exactly the agreement is, but our yarded wood is usually "spoken for" by one of the mills. But it's not paid for, as far as I know, so yeah a mill could go under and leave us sitting.

Mountaynman

as always nice neat piles bub awesome job I hate picking up short wood with the buggy how many forwarders u got running on that job looks like a lot of sorts as well its amazing to me the difference in the states all over you guys have all self loaders round here they want you to have the loader so they can put an extra tier of wood on
Semi Retired too old and fat to wade thru waist deep snow hand choppin anymore

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: barbender on March 16, 2017, 08:13:37 PM
Our trucks have been yarding wood here for the last month or so, but almost all of the aspen in the last 3 nights, with 20+ loads being directly delivered to the mllls daily as well https://youtu.be/ZcWntb8dYn4
Wow, never seen anything like that.  Seeing that much stacked up all over the place, its a wonder there are ANY trees left ANYWHERE!
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

thechknhwk

Plankton

Piles look really nice, mind boggeling amount of wood there!

barbender

Our trucks hauled the wood off of the job we're working right now, to this site. It is situated on a "10 ton" highway, so we can haul this wood into the mill through the spring breakup period. The mills are pretty full right now, with one only taking 25 loads per day from us. So we get yard it out here, and deliver it as the mill uses up their winter stockpiles. If you drive around  northern MN in the spring, you'll see these yards scattered around the countryside.

Thank You Sponsors!