iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

couple pics... post what your currently cutting

Started by RunningRoot, January 27, 2015, 08:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

i seen it i seen it  :D :D   only if you could push snow that fast all the time plowing wouldn't be so bad  8) 8)    thanks for the video

Maine logger88

79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

trapper

stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

chevytaHOE5674

Woods is getting pretty wet but we are still cutting and decking wood, it will get hauled after things dry up and road restrictions get lifted. This weeks pile so far... Going to run out of room to deck at this rate. There is about 2 inches of mud and water on the road but under that its frozen solid still.

BargeMonkey

The piles of wood i see you CTL guys put up makes me want to add a Rolly + 8 wheeler and forget pulling cable + wading thru the snow.  ;)

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

xalexjx

firewood pile is slowly getting bigger, got some saw logs sorted out to send a few loads before the road gets posted.

Logging and Processed Firewood

barbender

I just got moved to a very nice pine sale, the production numbers in this stuff are very good ;)

Too many irons in the fire

chevytaHOE5674

Yeah my last pictures are all hardwood pulp. Its cutting out nice and getting a couple hundred cord a week on the landing.

Peter Drouin

Quote from: chevytaHOE5674 on March 20, 2015, 06:10:30 AM
Yeah my last pictures are all hardwood pulp. Its cutting out nice and getting a couple hundred cord a week on the landing.

In NH the price of hard wood pulp is up, and a big demand for hardwood mat logs. The firewood guys have a hard time to get loads of wood . Is it that way where you are?
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

1270d

they must be cutting 200 cord a day in that stuff barbender?

Maine logger88

I cut the last big pine on this lot today just shy of 1000bdft

barbender

Nice indeed, ML88!

1270d, this processor operator is getting about 100-150 a day. 90% of it is being cut for 100" stud wood, production would be higher with logs obviously. This operator has never got to cut wood this nice before, so he may be experiencing a slight learning curve dealing with the height of these things, or more so the length of the stem once they hit the ground. It's nice to forward, whatever the case, not to mention it's only 15 minutes from home 8)
Too many irons in the fire

thecfarm

Maine logger88,My Father would like what you left behind!! That stump is low. He would watch me and make sure I did the same.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Straightgrain

Quote from: thecfarm on March 20, 2015, 08:48:16 PM
Maine logger88,My Father would like what you left behind!! That stump is low. He would watch me and make sure I did the same.

We'll see how low the stump is after the snow melts.....just kidding ;D
"We fight for and against not men and things as they are, but for and against the caricatures we make of them". Joseph Schumpeter

Maine logger88

Thanks! Yeah I plowed around it with the skidder. I haven't been so fussy with the pulpwood this winter but the nice logs I don't wanna leave any valuable wood behind. On a normal year I try to cut everything low I hate riding over tall stumps lol

Straightgrain

In the mop-up phase; I called-in an Arborist to drop this Douglas Fir tree as it was so close to my well-house (for my confidence level). The pic was taken @ 10 feet past the point where the tree top fell, the stump is just above the well house.

Tough work; clearing the limbs off my reprod by hand, and a couple were scuffed-up pretty bad. I got a bunch of fire wood and my quality cuts plus trim were: three 30" X 8' logs (@ 1,100 B/F), two 20" X 12 footers (@384 B/F), a 20" X 20 footer (@336 B/F), and three 16' X 8 footers (@ 216 B/F).

The tree turned into a "School-Marm" @ 24' up.

I'm using this site and the Doyle Scale; however not officially-so  ;D

Link deleted :-[ ;D

Lots of fun but I'm smoked! Gonna call it a day.
"We fight for and against not men and things as they are, but for and against the caricatures we make of them". Joseph Schumpeter

bucknwfl

What I got stacked and stickered today
If it was easy everybody would be doing it

beenthere

straightgrain
We use the FF tables for BF volume. No reason to link off-site as you suggested.

Are we seeing the well house in the pic? Or is it out of the pic ??
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

4x4American

@Maine logger88   what kinda husky is that?  looks like they stole the stihl flippy caps!
Boy, back in my day..

Straightgrain

Quote from: beenthere on March 21, 2015, 07:22:54 PM
straightgrain
We use the FF tables for BF volume. No reason to link off-site as you suggested.

Are we seeing the well house in the pic? Or is it out of the pic ??

Yesser!

The well house is on the left in the fore ground; home is in the background.

What is an FF table?

I've been cursory-searching for a way to guesstimate my B/F.

Thanks 

Maine logger88

It is a 562xp and yes it has flippy caps there a little different than Stihl caps tho. You can still put the old style caps in if you don't like the flippys.

treeslayer2003

Quote from: 4x4American on March 21, 2015, 07:49:47 PM
@Maine logger88   what kinda husky is that?  looks like they stole the stihl flippy caps!
your avatar pic looks familiar

4x4American

Quote from: treeslayer2003 on March 21, 2015, 08:16:20 PM
Quote from: 4x4American on March 21, 2015, 07:49:47 PM
your avatar pic looks familiar

Yea that was just last year here in my backyard  :D :D

gonna saw it on my portable bandmill
Boy, back in my day..

4x4American

where is it from treeslayer?  I download most all cool old logging pictures I see on the interweb.  I dont even know where its from but it was in my logging album
Boy, back in my day..

Thank You Sponsors!