iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

couple pics... post what your currently cutting

Started by RunningRoot, January 27, 2015, 08:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oliver05262

Straightgrain, on the left side of the page is a link to the Forestry Forum toolbox. Calculator charts in there for volume, weight and many other uses.
Oliver Durand
"You can't do wrong by doing good"
It's OK to cry.
I never did say goodby to my invisible friend.
"I woke up still not dead again today" Willy
Don't use force-get a bigger hammer.

Straightgrain

Quote from: Oliver05262 on March 21, 2015, 09:07:13 PM
Straightgrain, on the left side of the page is a link to the Forestry Forum toolbox. Calculator charts in there for volume, weight and many other uses.

Awesome!

thanks
"We fight for and against not men and things as they are, but for and against the caricatures we make of them". Joseph Schumpeter

timberlinetree

Not a new pic but what we're cutting.

And our ugliest hitch( over the summer)

I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

treeslayer2003

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

treeslayer2003

Maine logger88

A decent hitch of hardwood pulp I cut today

79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

sawyerf250

I'd say you got more than a couple logs in that hitch of "pulp"  ;D :D
Massey Ferguson 375 w/838 loader, Wallenstien Fx 90 winch, 3 Husqvarna chainsaws

Maine logger88

They would've been nice logs 10 years ago but they all were pretty rotten

sawyerf250

Ahhh... Nothing more frustrating and sickening than seeing those big creamers and thinking logs and then touching the saw to them and it cuts like butter and you realize its rotten!??  smiley_furious3 steve_smiley
Massey Ferguson 375 w/838 loader, Wallenstien Fx 90 winch, 3 Husqvarna chainsaws

Maine logger88

Yes I agree luckily the HW pulp prices are good

BargeMonkey

Maine logger88

Looks good! Must be starting to gain on your firewood now

barbender

Hey Bargemonkey, did you see the picture of the grapple I bent carrying it like you are in the pic of your forwarder?
Too many irons in the fire

78NHTFY

...a smallish black walnut.  Butt of log is 30" but length only 8' 6".  Some nice crotches.  With clean up it took me a good chunk of Sunday.  No dirt on log and ready to unload onto the mill for some 8/4 material.  Plus, cordwood from the tops.  One down and 15 to go  ;D ;D.  All the best, Rob.  (It did happen, here are the pics)

If you have time, you win....

beenthere

Quote from: barbender on March 30, 2015, 08:18:34 AM
Hey Bargemonkey, did you see the picture of the grapple I bent carrying it like you are in the pic of your forwarder?

No, but would you post it?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

BargeMonkey

I did.  ;)   your post went thru my head a couple days ago actually, the head was like that because ive been dragging the stuff out and just sorting and stacking with the forwarder on the header. I can get her in the woodlot now without 2'+ feet of snow but im just about done on that job. Normally i turn the bucket and grab the back of the bunk, little less risk of smashing the bucket.  :D  That forwarder never gets off the skid road, so much faster to bunch to the road and haul then wander tree to tree, cut this lot by hand.

Straightgrain

Working on my 2015 Selective Cut; I cut four Douglas Fir trees that were located just above my home, and leaning towards the driveway; so I felt the need to ladder-up and put a cable on each.

Around 3 PM the local herd of Blacktails come over to munch on the lime green moss (Lichen?).

Production was slow again today; but all four are down, de-limbed, and bucked. Two are positioned to be skidded to the decks. I'm realizing how much room is required to manage the logs, snatch blocks, and slash.

The New England Style chokers are working-out real well.

I have to improve the one trail leading to my lower deck; all going to wait as it is our turn for 7 days of below "normal" temps and rain.
"We fight for and against not men and things as they are, but for and against the caricatures we make of them". Joseph Schumpeter

sawyerf250

@Straightgrain that a nice looking setup you have there what size winch do you have?  Looks like an FX 65?

beenthere

sawyerf250
Just FYI, and wondering if you have missed the posts on the misuse of the @ function. Doesn't need to be used when you are calling the attention of some member already engaged in the thread. Just if you are trying to reach out and get the attention of someone not already involved.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,82427.msg1258043.html#msg1258043

see reply #28

Not a major problem, but is causing a stir.. and thought you'd want to know... ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Straightgrain

Quote from: sawyerf250 on March 31, 2015, 04:29:09 PM
@Straightgrain that a nice looking setup you have there what size winch do you have?  Looks like an FX 65?

Yesser! An FX65; had it less than a month.  It's working out great with only a couple mods.

Mod 1: The back safety screen rattled (like crazy) so I sliced a 12" section of vacuum hose and ran it along and over the upper cleat on the winch, re-installed the safety screen over the hose and the rattle is gone.

Mod 2: I added a couple flat washers to the pins on the rope pulleys to take pressure off the cotter pins.

I also removed the hitch, and I removed the safety screen as I have no plans to run the winch while seated on the tractor. So far; the winch tested-out pulling a 24" diameter X 21 foot Douglas Fir log up a slope (15 degrees or so). It easily pulls a 34" diameter X 9 foot butt on level ground....a big step-up from using a home-made arch with a come-along.

barbender

Quote from: beenthere on March 30, 2015, 10:53:11 AM

No, but would you post it?

Too many irons in the fire

sawyerf250

beenthere thanks for the update, I did not realize it had been or continued to be and issue? On the other hand as I did read in that post the issue of people having the same name and tagging the wrong person due to capitals or different spelling. Once I discovered it I always copy and pasted the persons name so as to not confuse myself while trying to remember the name. I simply thought at first that it would give the said tagged person a notification that they where mentioned in a post and zap them to the said comment.  ??? ??? :-\

chep

This is from a month ago. Sent this to Britton lumber... I wonder if it got sawed before the mill burnt. And if it didn't, then who is going to saw it?

Dave Shepard

That's a nice looking load of pine. A friend of mines family comes from Bradford. His mother's side, so I don't know the family name.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Thank You Sponsors!