iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

couple pics... post what your currently cutting

Started by RunningRoot, January 27, 2015, 08:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hayden99

Who ever cutt all that hemlock sure did a good job.

BargeMonkey

Been busy doing a few decent clearcuts down at the local dam project. 99% of the trees in that picture weren't there at the end of the day. 

Getting loaded last saturday. 

My wife didn't enjoy the ride while driving the loader out today in the mud, she sat in the cab steering while I yanked it out with the little skidder. 

My new toy. ;)

Autocar

You got some great looking toys there ! Good for you  ;)
Bill

Maine logger88

79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

teakwood

Helping a logger geting a tree out. 3/4 mile skid. I need one hour for one turn. Never hauled such a
big tree. 64" dbh, main log was 10meters long, around 30', cut in 3 pieces

National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

1270d

teakwood

you mean type of tree? Its a Ispavel, they just grow near the rivers and they get really big, although that's one of the biggest i have ever seen.

thecfarm

1270d,creature?? I thought you meant that little man standing by the tree at first.  :o
Now that's a tree. And than some.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

David-L

If its to big just slab it. Nice work Teakwood.
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

teakwood

I am just 5' 7" but Thank you for calling me little man!  :D

without slabbing it i think i couldnt get em out. Not because of the weight but the skidtrail is kinda nasty with slopes and mud

enigmaT120

I don't know how, but it can be done.  There used to be lots of Douglas Firs in my area that size and bigger.  I think they were mostly cable skidded, whatever you call it.  With steam donkeys.  You can still find long pieces of old cable in the woods, over an inch thick.  I'm glad I wasn't around when they broke, if that's what happened.

I have several old stumps on my place -- wish I could have seen it back then.

Ed Miller
Falls City, Or

grassfed

Nice tree teakwood and your skidder looks good but what happened to the left side winch cover?
Mike

BargeMonkey

BargeMonkey

I've had a hard time posting pics lately, new phone has issues. Picture from my my office this morning cutting the bank above the dam doing a clearcut. 

Because my equipment doesn't have the fancy special hydraulic oil they have to be boomed in every night. 

Left my keys with the foreman in case they had to move it out of the way, wrong move. Got down there this morning to keys left on and a dead machine. Only thing I could get thru the mud to jump it was the Timbco. 

Header from last week, can't stack much more around the loader. 

My dad with some of the saw logs from last week. 

Got hooked up with a new log buyer for wagner who is real decent, guess I'm feeding the beast again. 4 truck and wagon loads a week, nothing to sneeze at by yourself.

CCC4

BargeMonkey, is that a TJ 360? I saw one in Illinois when I was cutting up there and really liked it. I like how the chasis is laid out. I told my boss we need one and he said he hates a flex plate tranny. I think it would be a great skidder for the ground we work. Are your dual arch controls set up the same as your 450C dual arch?

Nice pics, I always enjoy seeing what you are up to. Thanks for sharing

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

teakwood

Quote from: grassfed on October 30, 2015, 03:35:24 PM
Nice tree teakwood and your skidder looks good but what happened to the left side winch cover?
I dont put it on. sometimes you have to adjust the brakeband or something so i feel that its better off. Skidder is working great, strong, no leaks at all! I am very happy with it, an amazing machine.
But you body sure feels it when you worked 5 hours with it.  ;D

Quote from: enigmaT120 on October 30, 2015, 01:49:49 PM
I don't know how, but it can be done.  There used to be lots of Douglas Firs in my area that size and bigger.  I think they were mostly cable skidded, whatever you call it.  With steam donkeys.  You can still find long pieces of old cable in the woods, over an inch thick.  I'm glad I wasn't around when they broke, if that's what happened.

I have several old stumps on my place -- wish I could have seen it back then.

Of course it can be done, but i was payed by the hour (50$/h) so why force and brake the machine? Go light and often

teakwood

albums/userpics/37555/P1000971.JPG[/img]

BargeMonkey

You must encounter all sorts of creatures working in the jungle like that. We have some big stuff around here but stuff that size is rare.

BargeMonkey

Quote from: Dave Shepard on October 31, 2015, 08:36:03 AM
Looks like a 460 to me.
460 dual arch, 24.5 tires. I was half thinking of buying that low hr 540G3 Delk has down there, and a friend of ours is downsizing and decided to put her up for sale. Sweetens just put an engine in it, I can only find quality dent in the whole cab. Taken about 10wks off the boat to cut wood, going to hate going back, if I've got 2-3 yrs left would be alot.

chep

[img width=359 8height=638]https://forestryforum.com/gallery/albums/userpics/18183/20151022_132108.jpg[/img]

cutting some real nice white pine on former Rockefeller property in central vt. Planted around 1900. Trees are running from 800 to 1400 bdft.  4-5 16FT logs plus pulp. Some of the trees are red rotted which can be disappointing when you bore into them...being hauled with Rottne Rapide forwarder. I will catch some more pictures soon.  We have about 375 of these to cut

BargeMonkey

Sat and had lunch in front of the dam today, just about done. 

My dad feeding the grinder. 5680 Bandit Beast, it's a shame I sent 3-4 trailer loads of nice big spruce and red pine thru it but between scale wages and 3k a day for the grinder it doesn't pay to wait. 

The bigger of 4 clearcuts I've done this last week. 

Waiting on them to finish stumping and grind again monday, go down below and clean 3 other spots up.

Ken

Moved to a new block that is also a partial cut in a very nice stand of predominately sugar maple.  Overall volume to remove is small but piece size is very nice.

Lots of toys for working in the bush

xalexjx

cutting some nice hard maple and ash, load I sent lest week around 5500'

Logging and Processed Firewood

Woodhauler

Quote from: xalexjx on November 10, 2015, 03:11:00 PM
cutting some nice hard maple and ash, load I sent lest week around 5500'

Nice load! I could get in trouble with a rig like that in maine!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Thank You Sponsors!