iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

couple pics... post what your currently cutting

Started by RunningRoot, January 27, 2015, 08:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianab

I've seen worse stumps ;)

But like Beenthere says, get in and practice your bore cuts on some trees that aren't critical. You can use the technique on any normal tree, just to get the practice in for when you actually do need it.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

CCC4

That cherry was close to coming undone. I have learned from mistakes to never 2nd guess, cut with confidence and burn 'em down. With more experience, your confidence will come. But still today I never 2nd guess.

Boring the heart from the face would have worked well with you Humbolt face.

York Woodwright

Gentlemen, thank you so much for your comments. It feels good to have experts looking over my shoulder to help keep me out of trouble. I very much appreciate both your instruction and encouragement.
Charles
I'm still learning how to use my WM LT40HD. This is an avocation, not a vocation -- not as pecunious as medicine, but a lot more fun!

treeslayer2003

that don't look so bad, but be advised cherry will bust. i agree with ccc4, gutting out the heart is my preferred method for leaners.
also, its better to high than low on your back cut.

mesquite buckeye

Cherries are yummy. ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

That butt looks to be maybe 16-18". Is that close?

Any of my cherries down to like 10" that die get cut into lumber. We have lost probably 10-30% of the trees in my forest from the droughts of 2012 and 2013. They have become really obvious now that the bark is falling off and mushrooms are sprouting from them. :(
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

beenthere

mb

Sure hard to interpret the proliferation of your smiley's in every post. What's up with that?
Just curious, as you do what you want.. 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

mesquite buckeye

There is that. That is my top secret happy rating system. Don't tell anybody. ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

BargeMonkey

Haven't taken many new pictures, have about 15 lds stacked around the slasher, can't get cleaned up because of hunting season. Heading back to the boat unfortunately. These are pictures from 2wks ago down at the dam when I was getting done doing the clear cuts. 

Not the newest forestry equipment, but long since paid for.  ;)

timberlinetree

Nice job and looks like a neat place to work. We cut the power lines to a dam that made electricity and got to go inside and it made us feel a little funny. We think it could have been the electronic field/energy. The timberjack looks good! Like seeing the smoke coming out of the stack! Work safe!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

ga jones

white oak hickory ash a little red oak.
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

beenthere

Folks, don't try that at home..  ;D

"".........  and the logs came tumblin down.... "" ;)

Here is a video telling how to take the pics so they move to a pc right-side up... as I read it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJJrp-OW0NY
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

ga jones

not super quality but really big.. There are some cherry logs In there too
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

ga jones

lopet

Quote from: ga jones on November 22, 2015, 05:48:12 PM

not super quality but really big.. There are some cherry logs In there too

How the heck did you manage to stack logs like that ?  ;D
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

ga jones

Stack like that always here. Never thought much about it. The pile is stable.I don't know maybe cause of the large diameter wood?

ga jones

beenthere

south central Wisconsin

York Woodwright

I thought these were Australian types of wood as they were all upside down. Kind of like Down Under.   :D
I'm still learning how to use my WM LT40HD. This is an avocation, not a vocation -- not as pecunious as medicine, but a lot more fun!

ga jones

Ok now that someone pm me I know what your talking about. The pics are all oriented correctly on my screen. I went to my wife's kindle and see some of them are not. I don't know why this is happening..

BargeMonkey

Quote from: ga jones on November 22, 2015, 05:57:59 PM
How do like that 460 barge monkey??
Power, speed, she doesn't mess around.  ;D.  I liked that 450C I had, but this beats that. Better visibility, smoother power, grapple is a little smaller but the auto tension is nice. She likes fuel, nothing to blow thru 30-40gal. Had a few issues with the computer and she is throwing a code right now. A friend of mine was going out, and I bought this machine only because of the shape it was in, I figure in a yr or so she will be my back up grapple. I'm headed to a 300+ acre woodlot and I think my wife is getting in the cab, going to be interesting.  :D :D :D
That's quite a pile of big stuff you've got there, always nice to handcut some nice stuff like that, doesn't take long for a big pile.

beenthere

Quote from: ga jones on November 22, 2015, 08:21:40 PM
Ok now that someone pm me I know what your talking about. The pics are all oriented correctly on my screen. I went to my wife's kindle and see some of them are not. I don't know why this is happening..

Does the video I posted help any? 
What phone or camera did you use to take the pics?

There must be some inboard software that keeps pics straight (up is up, even tho the camera was upside down) in the Apple world, but the Windows' world can't understand that software... so they end up cattywampus on other systems.
south central Wisconsin

ga jones

xalexjx

Logging and Processed Firewood

SFires

A man can always use more tools, more space,more wood, and a whole lot more time.

Solo33

Can not see the logs very well but I wanted to get allof the landing. Mostly basswood, a little cherry, and some bur oak. Glad to be done before the rain comes this week
I know I was born and I know I will die, the in between is mine, I am mine

Thank You Sponsors!