iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

couple pics... post what your currently cutting

Started by RunningRoot, January 27, 2015, 08:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plankton

Plantation spruce planted in the thirties alongside red pine here in mass. I wish it had been thinned at least once the trees would be much bigger. As it is I get around 500 ft from the larger ones.

Tape is 50 feet out in that last one. 24 on the stump. Middle photo are the first to trees cut on the job. 4 16s and a 12 out of each of them.

Job is a 5 acre clear cut I'm opening up a main skid road through the middle of the top section of land so my lead is zig zagging so not to land tops on logs already buked. (I started on the inside and am working my way out)

lopet

That's some nice sticks.

Ok I ve got a couple of pics to throw in here as well.

Bobby Goodson  always seems to have fun with stuff like that.    I DON'T !!!

Dealing with a lot of multi stem maples ...... and wet gloves. :(

" Junior " is trying hard to earn it's keep, but unfortunately  running out of traction too. :)

Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

BargeMonkey

That's a unique looking machine, does it have the snot to pull a small dray or trailer? Drive in, pick your trailer off, bunch to the trailer with the grapple, slasher and load ?

lopet

Planning on building a trailer some day, but it will only work on dry or frozen ground. The tires are only 24's.
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

Plankton

teakwood

National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

chester_tree _farmah

Quote from: Plankton on December 04, 2015, 05:42:51 PM
Plantation spruce planted in the thirties alongside red pine here in mass. I wish it had been thinned at least once the trees would be much bigger. As it is I get around 500 ft from the larger ones.

Tape is 50 feet out in that last one. 24 on the stump. Middle photo are the first to trees cut on the job. 4 16s and a 12 out of each of them.

Job is a 5 acre clear cut I'm opening up a main skid road through the middle of the top section of land so my lead is zig zagging so not to land tops on logs already buked. (I started on the inside and am working my way out)

That is some decent Cat spruce. Make some nice lumber.
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

ehp

I have cut some good size spruce here and the mill pays very little for it , its the same as scotch pine price here , up north they paid more for good spruce

Plankton

250 per thousand is the best I can get around here. A shame because the logs are mostly clear with really tight grain. Make some really nice framing lumber.

Woodhauler

Quote from: Plankton on December 05, 2015, 05:07:19 PM
250 per thousand is the best I can get around here. A shame because the logs are mostly clear with really tight grain. Make some really nice framing lumber.
So is that a roadside price? If not pm me for a contact up here that will pay you more.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

ehp

That is all we get around here to is $250/1000 and that is at the mill . I donot cut much spruce if I can help it

2StateTrigger

Quote from: BargeMonkey on November 13, 2015, 07:11:57 AM

Fight to tow the loader back in, driveway has turned to mud again. 

should just park my big fuel tank right next to it, she moves wood but has a drinking habit.

Just curious, how much is she drinking per hour? 
Molon Labe

g_man

Spruce and Fir here too. But not nearly are nice as Plankton's. I am trying to figure where he hides the tops.

One of my better fir.

More typical Fir.

Next tree is a Spruce. Looks like a good seed year ahead.

Gotta love limbing these things.

Came out top first.

gg

thecfarm

g_man,my fir looks just about the same. But man,I can grow some nice looking white pine. Now I just about cut every fir that has any size to it for my OWB. Most times they are rotted in the middle. My Father and me did find a few acres of some really nice stuff,but most was rotted the first 4-6-8 feet. Any of my brush gets cut into 2-3 foot lenghts,I try on the 2 foot mostly. Takes time,but it rots quicker and I can drive through it with my tractor,if I have to.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

BargeMonkey

The wife sent me some pics this morning she had from riding around, and my buddy @ Moran sent the picture of us passing the other day. Trees start dropping again in 1 week.

Setting the cab back on. All because of 1 small bearing, deere now has an update for it. Did center pins and complete trans overhaul while it was apart. 

6-7 months to go, can't get away fast enough.  :D

eichenberg93

Its been a while since I have posted any pictures. So I thought I would post some from the past few weeks of cutting Hard Maple. In the next couple weeks looks like we might be picking up a new (to me) Hood Slasher. Should make things interesting. ;D

A view of the Landing

A tree that I thought was interesting. It was a beech and hard maple that was growing out of the same stump.

The truck driver finishing a load out.

All ready to roll

BargeMonkey

How do they afford all the tires ??? Nice looking wood.

coxy

ya right    if I counted right there is 40 tires  :o :o :o

thecfarm

I always enjoy seeing them MI trucks. Like the wood too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

beenthere

Quote from: BargeMonkey on December 11, 2015, 09:22:04 PM
How do they afford all the tires ??? Nice looking wood.

But only one engine to roll 'em all. :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

eichenberg93

I figured that would come up  :D In Michigan its just a common sight to see all those go round :)

timberlinetree

Always like moving day and that's a nice shot of the boat! Always like seeing a full truck. lots of hard work and pay day will be coming 8). Do the trucks need so many tires because trees weight more out there or because of weight laws?
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

chevytaHOE5674

To legally run up to their max weight ~164,000lbs they need all them axles on the road.

barbender

Aspen clear cut here, I used the panoramic setting on my camera, it gives a better perspective of what you see from the cab
Too many irons in the fire

Thank You Sponsors!