couple pics... post what your currently cutting

Started by RunningRoot, January 27, 2015, 08:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1270d

They are talking about 11 axle trucks, who are running 35k over or more ;D

landscraper

Quote from: 1270d on December 21, 2015, 06:37:38 PM
They are talking about 11 axle trucks, who are running 35k over or more ;D

I figured something had to be way different because the only way you would get 197k on the road around here is with a jeep/jeep/stinger lowboy..  What is the max permitted weight on 11 axles then, 150-160?

Anything over 80k has to be permitted here because the state doesn't recognize more than 5 axles without a permit.  Anything that gets much over 110k has to have a trip route reviewed and permitted individually each time the truck makes the trip.  I've had trips flat rejected and told that the state would not issue a permit to travel that route at my requested weight.

I found some pics of Michigan log trucks and I see what you mean now.

Firewood is energy independence on a personal scale.

Dave Shepard

DOT has nothing on MSHA. I know a mine in VT that got a $35,000 fine for having a 1 1/4" knockout in a service panel not plugged off. :o
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Firewoodjoe

164,000 max Michigan weigt. That's with a minimum one tandem and three 9 foot spreads then 6 additional axles. That's the only combination to gross max. Most log trucks you see around here are 159,000 that's two 9 foot spreads and one tandem. Tandems are 32,000 9 foot spreads are 18,000 and any other axle is 13,000.

lshobie

John Deere 440 Skidder, C5 Treefarmer,  Metavic Forwarder, Massey 2500 Forklift, Hyundai HL730 Wheel Loader, Woodmizer LT40, Valley Edger,  Alaskan Mill, Huskys, Stihls, and echos.

beenthere

kyle
You can put your pic up in your post by the following easy steps...

Go to your post, click "modify"

Click the line below the post window "Click here to add photo..." and a window will open where you can do a couple things... no need to upload the pic again.
Click the "My Gallery" tab in the menu line.  You will be taken to your gallery.

Click the pic you want (have three of what looks to be the same) and it will enlarge.

Just below the enlarged pic is a line called a URL,  click on that and it will highlight.

Do a copy (Alt-C) and then go back to your open post... do a Paste (Alt-V) and your pic will appear in your post when you click the Preview button. Then when the way you want it, click the Post button.

Hope this helps... nice loading rig..

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

kylebal

Thanks for help got it figured out. I'm just outside Ottawa.

BargeMonkey

Quote from: Dave Shepard on December 21, 2015, 07:14:13 PM
DOT has nothing on MSHA. I know a mine in VT that got a $35,000 fine for having a 1 1/4" knockout in a service panel not plugged off. :o
We went 6yrs without a ticket, finally they where forced into giving us one on paperwork from the secretary. Getting ready to open a 3rd pit and I'm just going shaking my head sometimes. See if your smart you just keep throwing your track screen on the lowboy and park it out front at the end of the day.  :D :D :D

lshobie

Quote from: kylebal on December 21, 2015, 08:32:43 PM
Thanks for help got it figured out. I'm just outside Ottawa.

Me too, west end carp area and past renfrew.
John Deere 440 Skidder, C5 Treefarmer,  Metavic Forwarder, Massey 2500 Forklift, Hyundai HL730 Wheel Loader, Woodmizer LT40, Valley Edger,  Alaskan Mill, Huskys, Stihls, and echos.

beenthere

kyle
You figured it out, but then you deleted the one pic that you posted from your gallery. So you end up with a blank in your post. The pic used in your post has to be the one that remains in your gallery.
You can fix it by modifying that post and put in the one in your gallery. But getting there.. nice truck.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Woodhauler

Quote from: kylebal on December 21, 2015, 08:30:39 PM

This is the same little black box I get when I try to download something. Sorry to highjack the post but it was hard to explain in the technical section.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

lshobie

I saved this pine from being turned into firewood, 38 inches at the butt and 50 feet long, some greying and pink spots as the top blew off it two years ago and its been standing dead for two years....I think I'll make wide plank flooring for the cottage with it.  What's the widest plank flooring youve seen?

timberlinetree

Nice load! The knots in the pine always look neat.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

BargeMonkey

Finally getting stuff moved, did the 2 skidders +slasher yesterday in the rain, got her in this afternoon. 

Always a good day when they show up.  ;D  7140 on the first load.

timberlinetree

I always like moving day(except paying for it)! Nice load of logs. When I see a load of logs I think of all the hard work ,the money to be made, and what will become of the log and where they'll end up. Now a days it could end up in China. Does the logs that go to China say USA on them just like all the stuff from China says China? Nice job and work safe!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

concretecutter

concretecutter

concretecutter

Finally figured out how to load pictures these pictures were from last year 2014/2015 since than I have bought a 79 international s8a skidder with the 360 was to hard on the little 4400 John deere

beenthere

south central Wisconsin

chester_tree _farmah

Nice. A lot of work to make that pile with a small tractor.
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

concretecutter

22 cords of pulp and 10 cords of saw logs it was work but fun

BargeMonkey

The guy down the road from me cutting redpine and spruce, 2 forwarders, grapple, loader and new processor, I wouldn't want the payment but man does he cut wood.

Friend of mine running his 2040, that is a nice machine. 

Took my cab off Tuesday and sent it out for new glass. 20mins it's off, kind of nice. 

Found that on my service truck, someone thinks they are cute.  :D

Finally got everything moved up in the woods, oak is coming back finally. Got 4 cameras up, way out in nowhere, rocky steep ground, hoping for a Mt-lion picture.  ;D. Only 10 days home, went to quick and too much mud to get alot done.

BargeMonkey

Quote from: concretecutter on December 31, 2015, 07:52:58 PM
22 cords of pulp and 10 cords of saw logs it was work but fun
Nice pile, I've always wondered why it's never become popular out here to cut 8' and stack sideways.

Thank You Sponsors!