couple pics... post what your currently cutting

Started by RunningRoot, January 27, 2015, 08:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brendonv

"Trees live a secret life only revealed to those that climb them"

www.VorioTree.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vorio-Tree-Experts-LLC/598083593556636

David-L

This is the third job For this client. She has got nice timber to be cut and this lot has est 60 mbf on a small 10 acre section. Its' a prescription cut leaving some 12" pole wood( pine) and  all hardwoods. I guess I would call it a semi-shelterwood cut. A lot of directional felling and the Pine is good. And yes I have been waiting and wanting to cut this pine for a long time and that time is now here. A real privilege to be wackin and stackin this timber. The pic is two trees, lopped in half, 4 pieces =1,200 bd/ft scaled at landing ,not including pulp..

In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

Woodhauler

Quote from: David-L on January 10, 2016, 03:04:25 PM

Some of the nicer Pine I have ever cut.  Adding up nicely. Rain currently but freezing up again tonight.

These end up in irvings in dixfield?
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

madmari

I know why dogs stick thier head out the car window.

David-L

Woodhauler, no they did not. If I had my own truck to load them on a trailer I might do a bit better than what i am getting from a somewhat local mill. Not many truckers around here to load trailer and by the time I pay them to load it's the same from the local mill. i feel it's better to keep a relationship going with the local mill as they have a good fair scale and I will be at this for a while still and having that relationship with them is important. Is Irving paying around $400 for this kind of Pine at the mill?

David-L

Madmari, not frozen yet or are these earlier pics. was muddy here the whole month of DEC.

ga jones

380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

David-L

Didn't like the climb up and down on the Franklin. It was a nice machine though. Will most likely try for a 240 when I find the right one thats not to far away. trucking is a killer to get a machine here. Jacks running good though.

ga jones

Good luck finding a 240 in good shape for the right price! There bringing crazy money around here.
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

David-L

Still gettin into some good Pine. Even for slow poke me it adds up quick.

Peter Drouin

Nice Pine Dave-L, What are the mills down there paying for nice stuff like that?
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

David-L

Peter, #1 and better is paying just around $300 plus @ the mill. Wish it was more, it could be more maybe if I had a truck to load. Adds up quick so I wonder sometime if you are making just as much in good pine vs medioca hardwood. with cost of inputs so high and stumpage for pine like this it's a tough go. The mills haven't changed pine pricing that much in years. With no pulp for that extra check at the end of the job for fuel I am thinking this over always.

ga jones

ga jones

coxy

ga jones

timberlinetree

Really like seeing the pics of logging! Thanks for posting!This is the stream crossing( one of them). We are pulling 44' pulp logs while making  the skid roads/ staging area for when we start trying to squeeze some grade logs plus the pulp.

We were going to cross on a old train track( cross or not thread but couldn't find it) but they chose this route. Work safe!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

David-L

Lookin good. Nice Jacks in those pics. The 360  and 230 look great. Wood pullers for sure.

coxy

we use to put the logs the other way and cross but our DEC here wont let us its puts dirt in the water that fall through the cracks in the logs it getting to be crazy with all the new laws don't hurt the fish but its ok to starve our family  ???

g_man

A couple more loads of Balsam Fir. The ice here with that fluff on top is treacherous. Every step is an adventure. Caulks have no bite with the snow.

gg

ehp

g_man, tell me about it , I think I spent more time on my butt and on my feet this week cutting in these deep guts and I even went as far as buying a set of ice climbing boots but still fall down and go boom :D

craigc

Rottne SMV, Timbco with Logmax 9000, JD 540B Grapple.

BargeMonkey

Nothing to write home about, had to take those pictures to send to another logger who is always busting on me about being in the heated cab cutting.

Started hacking away this morning at 0630, got a picture as I was changing a chain.

First drag on this new job. Wish I had flat level ground to cut, the back half of this is about vertical and nasty with ledge rock. 

It's 1 mile in from the town turnaround. I plowed this yrs ago with my 440D with 3-4' of snow on the road, hunter had died in a cabin up there. He was a big guy to begin with, and after a week he was a bit bigger, cut a hole in the cabin to get him out, and into the back of a ranger pickup he went.

ga jones

Oh yeah nice red. About time you get into some nice timber. 👍 Hope there's some hard maple like that too!!!

ga jones

Craigc you could have rolled them in like Eustus on mtn men. LOL

Thank You Sponsors!