iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

couple pics... post what your currently cutting

Started by RunningRoot, January 27, 2015, 08:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xalexjx

Quote from: jwilly3879 on January 25, 2016, 08:38:34 PM
Got the loader moved to the new job and stacked up the wood from last weekend. Everything from the back of the loader is logs.

Not as nice as ehp's or Alex's but it is what it is. Now waiting on the log buyer.

not bad looking logs at all, hm usually pays pretty consistent, if you see my pile from last week you week you would laugh, lot of white birch and black ash, a few logs here and there but mostly pulp. Had the 450 stuck weekend before last and couldnt bring myself to snap a picture, glad I had an excavator close by.  :D
Logging and Processed Firewood

Plankton

30" on the stump spruce, not big for anything else but the biggest spruce so far on this job.

Clark 664 with a turn

venice

Quote from: Ed_K on January 25, 2016, 07:33:13 PM
what would cause this?
The whole tree to the first branch is like this, I've never seen this in oak.

Could be a "moon ring" as we call it in german. Caused by a sudden and strong freeze. Mostly seen ín hardwood like oak or ash.

venice

jwilly3879

Log buyer came today. Looking back toward my house.

Buyer at work

3515 bf he bought

loadin' up

lumberjack48

I loved cutting big Spruce like this in -20, -30, no limbing. Fall it, hook it, and head for the landing. A one man band can pull a lot of wood in one day.
Quote from: Plankton on January 26, 2016, 07:15:20 PM
30" on the stump spruce, not big for anything else but the biggest spruce so far on this job.

Clark 664 with a turn

Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

grassfed

I am working in a wetter area on my property. There is mostly fir spruce cedar and Aspen.
I managed to get my main skid trails cut and frozen in just in time for last week's hard freeze. The area I am working on is about 15-20 acres and is bordered by a stream. A few spots have blowdown and most of the aspen is long in the tooth. I have shipped 40 cords of aspen pulp while I built my trails and I hope to cut another 100-150 more before thaw. I should also get 10-20mbf of fir sawlogs and maybe 3-5mbf of cedar. I'll try to get a picture of the landing tomorrow 

This is a closeup of the same hitch for scale. This is a full load for the 440B

The Beavers had started on this one  ;D

Mike

ehp

nice stuff, I got no pictures today but did cut some pretty nice hard maple, cherry and hickory today , cut 32 trees and piled out 25 veneer butt logs .

BargeMonkey

Not bad for 2.5 days, have 5 days in the job total so far. Went on a cutting spree this afternoon, 2 hrs in the timbco is about all I can get with the 460 in a long day. 

Had a tri-axle load to far out of reach, and cracked a bunk on my forwarder monday. Road is to icy for me to bring my truck up, use the next best thing.  :D

Start my day in the dark and and end it in the dark walking out from cutting. Been sawing 2 hrs every night when I get done in the woods, behind about 100 bundles of grade stakes in January which is uncommon. This is a nice stick of black Walnut we where sawing for a friend. 

Wish I had some of these slabs for countertop in my store.  :o  got 4x 8 quarter and quite a few 5 quarter out of it, been inside for 2yrs under cover so she was a bit dry to saw.

ehp

Log truck has not been here sense Thursday so this is what I cut after that , no cutting today , 50 degrees out and raining 

, got about 8,000 more feet out at other landing

ehp

high grade loaded on small truck that goes over to where they load the tractor trailers that head to USA

ehp

so close to 50,000 feet this week which is a lot better than I thought but I donot think I will be doing much until maybe Friday with all this rain and mud

coxy

that's funny your logs go to the US  some of mine go to Canada  ???

BargeMonkey

Quote from: ehp on January 31, 2016, 05:47:42 PM
so close to 50,000 feet this week which is a lot better than I thought but I donot think I will be doing much until maybe Friday with all this rain and mud
You sure do cut some nice stuff. I couldn't cut 50k ft a week around here if I worked like a man on fire, that's covering some pile of ground, I may ship 20-25k from last week and that was a great week for me. How's that forwarder treating you ?

henry co.

Quote from: ehp on January 31, 2016, 05:47:42 PM
Man thats a lot of wood how much is that worth

grassfed

Some of the pulp from last week getting loaded this morning. I am going to cut some softwood for a few days so I can brush in any spots that thaw. I think that it will stay frozen enough here to keep going but you never know.
Mike

ehp

that is a good week for me and lots of weeks I'm no where close to that , day starts around 4 am and I get home 9 to 10 at night and I work if weather lets me 7 days a week so per day its not that much and remember a tree with 200 feet in it is very small here , we have very strict bylaws and leave at more timber than what we cut and recut about every 10 years . How much is that worth , we will see but that small load of veneer was just over 10 grand ,

ehp

Barge, the forwarder seems pretty good . you cannot walk around those logs today with the 50 degree heat and rain but that forwarder drives around fully loaded like its on pavement , does not spin a wheel and I have not had the rearend lock in yet . I'm forwardering 5/8 of a mile right now , machine starts in cold weather very well so I'm happy with it , yes its not new but I did not spend new sticker price either

Ken

We are in a stand of really nice wood at the moment.   Nearly 100 acres of predominately spruce.  We are cutting 10,12 and 16' logs down to a 4" top.  Some of the best cutting I have had for quite some time.   Most of the stand is stocked with spruce a bit smaller and thicker than the picture shows but I couldn't resist taking a shot of that small patch. 

Lots of toys for working in the bush

ga jones

everyone is getting into nice wood. Wish the weather would get better
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

BargeMonkey

Yesterday wasn't to productive but wasn't bad. Went and walked a decent sized sale locally, it's only going out to 3 guys because they are having the big cut in 5 yrs and don't want it all smashed up. That wasn't a good stick but I bet I walked past 3mil ft of real nice big stuff. 

Cutting this lowgrade lot, not real great for sawlogs and the firewood is marginal at best. My pile after 7 good days so far. 

Hopefully have 500 cord laid up in there next time home, alot of dying beech and iffy soft maple, the good oak got hammered off 20 yrs ago.

coxy

Barge you can learn to run that delimber on that tree  :D :D

BargeMonkey

Quote from: coxy on February 02, 2016, 07:16:21 AM
Barge you can learn to run that delimber on that tree  :D :D
I just got a couple more big hemlock jobs, I'm not to sore about it not leaving. Mechanic is putting handles on it, biggest problem is moving it, she is heavy.  :D

Working around all the nice small young oak. 

I've got just enough time to throw 6-7 more on the ground before the skidder is right on top again. Doesn't take long to fill the header with those hitches.  8)

That one had alot of back lean and that took some work to get her to fall over the wall and not into the good stuff behind it. I've got another job down the road with 200 oak that make these look small.  ;D  on the train heading back to the boat, only 4-5 more hitches and I'm done.  ;)

ga jones

380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

BargeMonkey

Quote from: ga jones on February 03, 2016, 08:34:57 AM
Nice stuff,Barge monkey.
I try, but I think you guys are cutting nicer stuff. You been hauling much ?

Thank You Sponsors!