iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

couple pics... post what your currently cutting

Started by RunningRoot, January 27, 2015, 08:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puffergas

Dang hemlock monkeys.

I'm going back to small trees and firewood!!
Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

BurkettvilleBob

Quote from: celliott on September 05, 2016, 04:42:19 PM
Quote from: BurkettvilleBob on September 05, 2016, 11:42:50 AM
Come on fellas, I need some more pictures, just went through the 54 pages over the last couple days, now what am I going to do with myself.

Have you checked out the "Timber harvest methods and equipment" thread? That's got way more pages  ;)

That's were I'm headed next!

BurkettvilleBob

Puffergas, I think you already mentioned this, but what is the hemlock being used for? There are two lumber yards near me that do a pretty brisk business in rough hemlock framing lumber.

Anyone in Maine seen evidence of the wooly adelgid?

thecfarm

I have not seen any evidence of the wolly adelgid. But have seen some down by the pond die and had a few here and there die on my land. I have not been to check on them all summer. I hope they are still alive.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ehp

Ohio , yes I cut wormy soft maple , if where ever I'm cutting is close to water the soft maple will be wormy but cause the wood is still white in color the price is still pretty good , wormy = $600/1000  white clear=$750/1000, a couple years ago I could not give wormy away

coxy

if you get the right cut with the worm in it it looks nice on a floor or a table

millcreek40

I have lots of photos if only it could be easier to put them on here
Two 240A Timberjacks, Mack log truck, Multitek 2040 wood processor.

ehp

most of my wormy goes for flooring then goes over seas

OH logger

Quote from: ehp on September 06, 2016, 07:32:20 PM
most of my wormy goes for flooring then goes over seas
same here if theyre clean but wormy. still dont pay great only 550. i was talkin to a buddy of mine and he is goin to give me the number of a soft maple buyer that pays good money for soft maple IF its wormy. he actually complained about the last batch he bought of my freind cause it wasnt wormy enough.
john

Puffergas

BurkettvilleBob, I'll saw them into boards or something. Maybe I need to trade the band saw for a swing saw. My choker only would fit the small end. I don't know of a real market for hemlock over here except for the Amish or Yankee small mill. Surprised that they were not shakey. These were done for a favor. I didn't fell them just rigged, winches and skidded. Some of the hemlock are dyeing here but I don't know why. A forested said the bug is headed my way. He said to start planting Norway spruce or something like that.
Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

Gearbox

Barbender that was for a customer 17 cord in 16 hours . Ran hot up to 170 degrees . Changed oil and a new oil cooler all in all worked quite well .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Solo33

I know I was born and I know I will die, the in between is mine, I am mine

coxy

you guys have to take those 16in bars off your saws it makes your trees look so big  :D :D :D

David-L

Into a nice Red Oak stand. Can't wait to see how a few loads of this averages out. $$$$

In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

LittleJohn

Here is my dad playing with his woods equipment, and moving either the large oak or butternut off his driveway.  Was a long weekend, and I was up so what did we do: drop trees, have bonfires and go to an antique tractor/logging show.

By the end of the weekend we lost a tire on the trailer; guess dragging it thru the woods and what not we poked a hole in the tire.  The price of playing...

David-L

Nice set up Little John. Use my trailer to sort all the time.

David-L

Some nice EW Pine I got into at the end of the week.

LittleJohn

Quote from: David-L on September 10, 2016, 06:15:10 AM
Nice set up Little John. Use my trailer to sort all the time.
That is trailer is awesome, and quite the back saver; old man used to have a cable jammer on a International 300, with a "modified pickup, turned into woods trailer".  I am amazed at the logs that thin will pick up; plus when you unload you can hold logs at waist height for bucking into firewood. 

...maybe start look for a processer, for the old man, when he gets in his 70's

timberlinetree

Nice looking stuff! Gee we get down graded for worm stain. Cutting lots of pole wood for firewood. It is selling good for some reason.

I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Solo33

First picture says that Walnut season is upon us!
I know I was born and I know I will die, the in between is mine, I am mine

chevytaHOE5674

Cutting some good size hard maple on some really steep nasty ground really not good processor/forwarder ground. But the logs are cutting out real nice.
Bucking a 20" hard maple 10' Long

Another 10' HM log

chevytaHOE5674

Grounds so steep that the forwarder can't seem to stay rubber side down.  :D :D :D

BurkettvilleBob

chevytaHOE5674

Yeah operator was fine and machine was fine after a little TLC. Was up and running within a few hours of setting it back on its wheels.

grassfed

A load of softwood stud wood heading out this morning. It has been a good summer to work but hard to make money. Softwood for Canadian mills is the only thing that is selling other than good hardwood, but I don't have much of that ready. I manage a to cut 3-5 mbf a week. Lots of work for the money but arthritis is slowing me down on the limbing and pulling cable; the bills are overdue so I keep trying to pick up the pace still I always enjoy the work.

Mike

Thank You Sponsors!