iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

couple pics... post what your currently cutting

Started by RunningRoot, January 27, 2015, 08:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chevytaHOE5674

Quote from: GRANITEstateMP on September 26, 2016, 07:47:53 PM
...said we're down over 13inches of rain this year.

We've had 13 inches in the last few weeks. Going on 1" since yesterday morning and calling for another 1 to 1.5 inches by wednesday. Woods is getting very wet, figure the DNR forester will be out tomorrow to shut us down until it dries out.

barbender

I didn't even go in today, probably not tomorrow either. Wet, wet, wet.
Too many irons in the fire

GRANITEstateMP

When I left the house this AM we had about .25in of rain.  Unfortunately it was tapering off.  That will knock the dust down but won't make a difference in our overall deficit. 
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

Fokke

Two pics from this summer

The boss unloading some beech logs

LittleJohn

Quote from: Fokke on September 27, 2016, 12:15:12 PM
Two pics from this summer

The boss unloading some beech logs ...
Tell the boss to straight up the pile  :D
..unless you are the boss, then back to woods for another load

Fokke

Quote from: LittleJohn on September 27, 2016, 03:05:06 PM
Tell the boss to straight up the pile  :D

It doesn't matter if the pile is straight, the logs get cut in 1 metre long logs immediately afterwards and loaded on a truck. It's all firewood.

xalexjx

i hate cutting softwood pulp. guess im glad i can at least get rid of it.
Logging and Processed Firewood

lynde37avery

hardwood and Hemlock cutting going on over here. ash, maple black Birch.

Detroit WHAT?

timberlinetree

I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

BargeMonkey

Knock down some hemlock for "deer habitat". 

Unfortunately stuck driving truck, wood prices just came back, hoping to be in the woods next week.
Picture of the hole this morning, about 80ft so far, going down 205ft. 

kiko

I thought I might post some pictures of what I am currently working on here instead of starting a new thread each time.  Continue?

Cat transmission complete rebuild ,  ready to go.

Removing pin from TC grapple.

BurkettvilleBob

BargeMonkey, maybe this has been stated already, but what is that hole for? And what a miserable place to be all day, down in it. How many days has the project been underway?

timberlinetree

Neat to see what every one is doing! Don't want to know the price of that trans,but looks good! Keep digging and you'll hit China. Nice job and thanks for posting!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Ed_K

Bargemonkey, you ever had trouble with that saw bar hanging down on the skidder? I bent one when a pole raised up while driving over it.
Ed K

g_man

Trying to salvage the logs from some doomed white pine before they die. Trees like this one with the big Blister Rust canker on it. Between the blister rust and weevils my pine has a tough time.

gg

thecfarm

I have and can grow some mighty nice white pine on my land. Yes,I had some ugly one,very few that looked liked first picture. No bid deal to have them 3 feet across. I had some that was evn 4 feet across,but the most of them was 3 feet. Pretty tress and tall too. We use to have to cut a"road" for them to fall in. If not they would knock down alot of trees.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

kiko

H model deere transmission almost ready to go into

this hole after it is cleaned out.  Next will be to pull the convertor.

Excavator mulcher in for oil cooler leak, engine repair and pump reseal.

ehp

kiko

KPM pump off excavator for reseal.  Found internal damage that must be repaired or pump replaced; time to acquire parts and cost will decide which way to go.  Also on this table is a cat pump (535c)with a seized servo piston and a rexroth 107cc motor that came in for shaft replacement but has to have the entire rotating group.

Swash plate bearing surface damage.

Cylinder block damage at valve plate.

BargeMonkey

Quote from: BurkettvilleBob on October 04, 2016, 01:56:58 AM
BargeMonkey, maybe this has been stated already, but what is that hole for? And what a miserable place to be all day, down in it. How many days has the project been underway?
Its a bypass tunnel for the local dam, 22' across going down 205ft, then 2x 11' tunnels which both go quite a ways will be bored out this winter with a fancy tunnel machine. We are hauling all the rock and other material on site, 3-4 trucks every day usually, this phase of the project has been going for about 18months. I did a couple clear cuts down there and then last winter we participated in the large mass excavation project, which we have to re-haul someplace else at somepoint. The way it looks we will be down there 5+more yrs and the trucks will literally be worn out by then.  :D

kiko

Some of what I am currently working on...

Tc 630c drive pump build , note ratchet to mark today stopping point.

Fecon mulching head rotor motor,  broke down for inspection,  shaft seal blown , disassembly to look for internal high pressures leaks, no problem found.   Determine seal failure result of pressure spikes from stalling rotor/operator issue.  Seal kit ordered.

Tc 230c kawasaki pump cleaned and waiting to get on table.

teakwood

Love your fotos, you're a mechanical wizard! I would be happy to have half of you knowledge.
If i ever have a problem with my excavator i give you a call! you could make a "vacation" down here. :D :D 
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

GRANITEstateMP

kiko,

Asking this as an automotive parts guy, do you find it easier (less down time) and cheaper to rebuild these pumps vs. replacing with a new or reman unit?  I ask because at the dealer I work for we almost always replace vs. rebuild, but its a lot different with somebody's car vs. somebody's job / important piece of equipment.  Just wondering, you do some really neat projects, we don't have many heavy duty shops up here, you can always tell the good ones, they have a ton of work!
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570

kiko

Often these pumps are not catastrophic failures, so the can be repaired much cheaper.  When all components need to be replaced sometimes the sum of the parts is more than new or remain.  Also I can't deal with something someone else remaned.  Usally if I can't fix it I want new.  Just for reference as compared to automotive parts, that yellow pump cost close to 10k, so there is a lot of room for me and the customer.

GRANITEstateMP

Got-cha!  That puts it into perspective!  Makes sense, and it works for both you and your customers.  Thanks for the insight.  I've got my fingers crossed that I won't have any catastrophic failures, but I'm not holding my breath!
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570

Thank You Sponsors!