iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

couple pics... post what your currently cutting

Started by RunningRoot, January 27, 2015, 08:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannaergo

Shoot. Forgot that iPhones like to turn pics sideways. I'll have to try and fix it on the computer.
2016 Ponsse ergo 8w
2014 Cat 564
Husky 385

thecfarm

wannaergo,there is a place to rotate pictures in your gallery. Seem you have to have the phone a certain way when taking pictures. The pictures may look right to you,but to me they are sideways.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

coxy

Quote from: wannaergo on November 04, 2016, 10:16:31 PM
Shoot. Forgot that iPhones like to turn pics sideways. I'll have to try and fix it on the computer.
just poking some fun  :) :)

lshobie

Quote from: BurkettvilleBob on November 03, 2016, 04:28:53 AM
What do you have now, I remember seeing you with an echo?

i need all the clutches i can get!

i used the echo for 9 hours the other day....with my bad elbow...went and bought a lighter stihl 261cm to rehab my elbow and love the saw.  the first stihl that starts and keeps running that ive ever had, also easy on my elbow.
John Deere 440 Skidder, C5 Treefarmer,  Metavic Forwarder, Massey 2500 Forklift, Hyundai HL730 Wheel Loader, Woodmizer LT40, Valley Edger,  Alaskan Mill, Huskys, Stihls, and echos.

kiko

Pin pullin' wheel buncher

Also pulled and pressed on new bushings.

Maine logger88

Looks good kiko! Here's some spruce I've been cutting

79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

BurkettvilleBob

What a beautiful day to be thrashing around in the pucker brush in Maine. Nice looking spruce too, seems like all the spruce I see that large are already rotten. Is it going for stud wood?

thecfarm

pucker brush.
Have not heard that word since '93,when my Dad passed away.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

BurkettvilleBob

Quote from: thecfarm on November 08, 2016, 06:35:49 AM
pucker brush.
Have not heard that word since '93,when my Dad passed away.
Really? I've never been to Chesterville, but I would have thought "pucker brush" would be a pretty common phrase. " There I was, minding my own business, when old Willis' cow come out in the road. Well I swerved over to the ditch hand side, and ended up in the pucker brush."

thecfarm

pucker brush is an old word. Probably use it at work and I would get some odd looks. Just like birch hook.I work in a hardware store. Some guy called up for a birch hook. Everyone was asked and had no idea,than I got asked and I said,yes,right out back and with replaceable tips too. I think it's called a pulp hook on the shelf.
How about haywire? It helps to have a Father that was born in 1923.
Had more than one guy trying to explain something to the young help,than I come around the corner and they say,you're an old farmer,I need........ and then I help them find it. There's a lot of people that have lost these old words and some have never seen the old tools and have never done it that way. Than there's a bunch now that live on a 300 foot square lot too. I grew up digging with a shovel and moving rocks and hauling wood. Cutting bushes with something that did not need gas to make it run.

treeslayer2003

how bout working a field caterboss or caterwoumpuss?

newoodguy78

Not sure about the field caterboss. However I've heard the caterwoumpuss phrase a few times. I can honestly say every time that word comes up the situation is much less than desirable  :)

Maine logger88

Quote from: BurkettvilleBob on November 08, 2016, 02:49:05 AM
What a beautiful day to be thrashing around in the pucker brush in Maine. Nice looking spruce too, seems like all the spruce I see that large are already rotten. Is it going for stud wood?
Thanks burkettvillebob! Yes it was a great day! It is going for stud wood. I also use puckerbrush often haha! Also round robin hoods barn out in the willywacks and a few others that can't be posted here lol lol lol
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

thecfarm

Yes,robin hood's barn was spoken too. I had forgot about that one.

1270d

Is caterwoumpus similar to a term I have used, kitty wompus?   Meaning all crooked or not fitting properly or sideways.

BurkettvilleBob

Reckon so, I've said "cattywampus", just depends where you're from I guess.

cutterboy

Quote from: thecfarm on November 09, 2016, 06:22:24 AM
Yes,robin hood's barn was spoken too. I had forgot about that one.
What does that one mean?
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

thecfarm

Ken

A few pics from today.  First picture is a load of some white birch veneer.  It is either cut 7'6" or 10'6" with a minimum top diameter of 10"

Some spruce and fir logs. Logs are cut 12'6" or 16'6" to a minimum 6" diameter

The prescription for one side of the road was a white pine/red spruce shelterwood and the other side of the road is a commercial thinning focusing on leaving red spruce and white pine while removing intolerant hardwoods and balsam fir.

Lots of toys for working in the bush

BurkettvilleBob

Quote from: Ken on November 18, 2016, 06:14:34 PM
A few pics from today.  First picture is a load of some white birch veneer.  It is either cut 7'6" or 10'6" with a minimum top diameter of 10".

Any idea what the 7'6" veneer is for? It seems like an odd length.

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

Ken

Quote from: BurkettvilleBob on November 18, 2016, 09:44:46 PM
Any idea what the 7'6" veneer is for? It seems like an odd length.

I'm not entirely sure although I know the small local veneer plant does veneer for skateboards and gun stocks.  I believe the white birch is for gun stock

Quote from: barbender on November 19, 2016, 01:14:12 AM
That's exceptional birch, Ken!

I agree  We usually don't get much white birch that size. The property belongs to a local University and they have a significant amount of mature to over mature stands that are going downhill.  There have been many large birch on the job that are standing dead.
Lots of toys for working in the bush

BargeMonkey

I've gotten 2hrs of cutting in 3 months.  :D :D  maybe firewood counts. Lost the injector pump in my processor last weekend, wasn't fun. Hammered out some today. Been pounding a truck all week, they have a 490 Komatsu and a 349E cat hot loading 6-7 trucks all day long, brand new D6T pushing to them. It's quite the show to watch. Tunnel is 108ft down now, just a little more to go.  :D :D

chevytaHOE5674

Got moved to some USFS ground thinning some red pine. I wish I could cut this kind of wood all day everyday. No problem for our old processor to knock out 60~80+ cord a day.

GRANITEstateMP

Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

Thank You Sponsors!