iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

couple pics... post what your currently cutting

Started by RunningRoot, January 27, 2015, 08:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1270d

I thought they were the spredmax with that black tip.   I have used them with the n104 mount like you probably have.   They're really nice.

ehp

see if I can make this work, my computer blew up so trying to us the wife's , My computer guy is to be back in 2 days so will get a new one

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ehp

just a few pictures from today, I got more but will need to download them

ehp

couple more , few are from different days as you can tell by the snow

ehp

Ya I bought 5 new saws a couple weeks ago , I'm finding I like the 461 arctics a lot, the handle bar you use your left hand on is fitting me better than the huskies with winter gloves on.

ehp

the red pine is better than it looks , some of that stuff is 20 ft long and has to be at least 14 inch top to make timbers

ehp

mf40diesel

That is some beautiful wood you've got there.  I'm pretty surprised to see the wet tires, and mud.  I would have thought it would be pretty solid in Ontario by now. 
John Deere 5055e, mfwd. Farmi JL306 Winch. Timberjack 225 Skidder. Splitfire splitter & Stihl saws.

dnash

The rain washed all the snow away a couple days ago. Looks colder towards the end of the week though.
JD 440C
JD 640D
Timberjack 205HR
JD 329E skidsteer
JD CT322 skidsteer

newoodguy78

Nice pics ehp. Is that a cherry sitting in front of your skid steer?

jwilly3879

Haven't taken any pictures for awhile but here's a few from this weekend.

Trailer load of pine logs from my son and I.

My grandson and I finished out a load of hemlock pulp on Friday.

Together with a pile of firewood in the back.

Happy New Year to everyone!

ehp

ya that's cherry , on this job I got 50,000 feet of cherry and looks like about 60,000 feet of other stuff plus 2 big fencerows . most of the oak pictures are from today , it got abit wet by end of the day

ehp

its to start raining again tomorrow , by the weekend its to be back cooler . hope so cause I got a ton of timber to cut this winter

newoodguy78

That cherry is impressive. Around here they rarely get that big, usually by the time they get to 10-12"dbh the ants are into them. Seems like the only ones the ants don't get are so twisted that even the smoke when you burn them is crooked.

OH logger

ehp are you getting much for the cherry? no one wants it here. ours isn't as good as yours though but its just dead here. and what size bobcat is that and does it have tracks or tires? I have a t770 (tracks) and am amazed all the time about what it lifts and what I can load with it. fast machines. this spring when I slow down a little I'm goin to have a buck saw built for mine.  I hate buckin logs but that should make it bearable  :D
john

BargeMonkey

[img width=638

height=359]https://forestryforum.com/gallery/albums/userpics/34634/20170101_105847.jpg?easyrotate_cache=1483328144[/img] 

Can't say it's the nicest stuff in the world but not bad. 

Firewood orders still going out, try and cut a load every night when I get home. Looking at an older 2040 or throw down on a new circle saw. 

Tracked her out of the woods, need a couple seals between the pumps and drive box. 

Trying to do everything I can to avoid "maritime" and we get stuck hauling the barges and tugboats on this job. Got to get some good pictures, the guy who brought this boat had trouble with his truck and then the trailer got hung up, tug has sat all weekend on my lowboy and should go in on tuesday.
Good to see everyone is busy and like the pictures.

coxy

barge your using a chain saw and a dozer  :o :D

Fokke

Puffergas

Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

ehp

skidsteer is a 650S  so its on wheels , this is about its limit on what it can lift, Its got the power to lift more just not the weight , on the cherry I averaged $760/1000 after trucking was taken off which I felt for cherry was pretty good and that was down to ten inch top . 

ehp

any of your guys forwarders pick that log up, mine will not come close to loading that , that's oak

ehp

Barge , go with the circular , you will not regret it , by far the fastest and cheapest per cord . To me the chain bar ones are just for something to do but when work needs to be done go with the circular but before you buy that bright new green/yellow circular model go talk to someone that has had one for at least a year and find out what he broke

chevytaHOE5674

I've loaded larger logs than that onto our forwarder. But to say I "lifted" them on isn't really true. I pick one end up straight off the back of the bunk and then back the machine up under the log forcing it on. Then at the landing just sort of drag them off the back.

OH logger

Quote from: ehp on January 02, 2017, 07:38:05 PM
Barge , go with the circular , you will not regret it , by far the fastest and cheapest per cord . To me the chain bar ones are just for something to do but when work needs to be done go with the circular but before you buy that bright new green/yellow circular model go talk to someone that has had one for at least a year and find out what he broke

you mean cord king right??. is a circular saw THAT much faster? I know no bar oil or sharpening but the guy that works up my wood has an older CRD bar type and I honestly don't see how it could be much faster. those circle saws scare the pee out of me. :embarassed:. I try to keep the logs clean and pile them on runner logs so his chains stay sharp. I watched them all at the firewood shootout and unless its a guilutene style when them circle saws go up and down the machines really shake. looks like lots of torque on the machine to me. I'm a logger not an engineer so maybe they can take that for 10,000 hours I don't know. ehp are you happy with your multitek??
john

Thank You Sponsors!