iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

couple pics... post what your currently cutting

Started by RunningRoot, January 27, 2015, 08:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

my neighbor has a multitek with the circle saw has had it 21/2 years and only put 1 set of teeth on it   does between 3-375 cord a year the only trouble hes had is the conveyer that comes with it the belt keeps ripping put a new one on 15 cord later it started ripping again so for 1200 bucks hes going to try and fit a heaver one on it  it takes about hour hour and half to put all new teeth on it think there only 7 bucks a piece    1/2in of frozen mud don't mean a thing  that's most of the wood I GIVE  him  ;D about 100cords of it a year  and only put the blade through the guard 2 times  :)

ehp

a well built circular is very fast and you just run it , we use to run 2 with 96 inch circular saw on them, 1500 cord then sharpen which took about an hour , you were good unless you hit steel, frozen mud does not bother them, pure carbided teeth , your right on the new style green/yellow machine , its fast but it scares me at how much it moves all the time , steel cannot stand that so its going to crack . the processors we had were heavy, you moved them with a big 5th wheel truck . AS far as my multitek goes , it was screwed up pretty good when   I bought it but I paid little for it but I straighten it out now and I say its pretty fast now , I'm now done to around 6.0 to 6.2 second cycle time . my slow part is the splitter end , its quite fast but I got the chain end cutting fast so next improvement will be the splitter speed . Im running chain sert chains , right now I got the proto type .404 on it and its a touch faster than the 3/4 inch but makes a lot less saw dust . Problem is the .404 bars . Chainsert is going to start making bars in not to long of time . I'm running a 16 tooth gear at full speed, full hyd. pressure and it cuts pretty fast. the pump that drives that side is 24 gallons a minute but the conveyor that's 4 gallons a minute away from that side so that leaves me with 20 gallons a minute to drive the chain and down pressure on the bar so that is not a lot compared to the big machines but I can hold my own when it comes to how many cords an hour I can cut

ehp

Chevy, how long on a log can your machine hold ? my forwarder has a 17 foot deck and cause of the 4 sets of stakes I got to lift it over the stakes , that log is 24 feet 6 inches long

Maine logger88

Here's a load of spruce headed for pleasant river

And a couple wheeler load of hardwood pulp

79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Peter Drouin

Logger88, Are all the spruce logs on the truck 16'?
And how small on the top end will the mill take?
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Maine logger88

They are 14 and 16 front and back teir and 12s in the middle. 6 inch min top size
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

chevytaHOE5674

Bed on the forwarder must be 16~17 or so feet long. But with the 30 foot long reach on the boom you can reach over the back of the machine quite a ways.

barbender

ehp, I the crane on the machine I run (K100 on a Ponsse BuffaloKing) would maybe lift that oak log, I can throw 18' crane matts around decent and set them off the back of the machine. The K100 is their biggest crane, it'a the same as the K90 on the regular Buffalo but has bigger cylinders is all. The K100 is also used on the Elephant and ElephantKing, although I'm told that the guys in the PNW are clamoring for the K120 to come out. They are handling a lot of large logs out there.
Too many irons in the fire

ehp

first my machine cannot even touch the ground off the backend of my forwarder , my deck then machine has a added piece for the grapple to grab ahold of when travelling empty with it plus I got the wide tires on mine so cannot get log in close to lift , I'm thinking the log truck that has a rotobec 8000 loader on it is going to have abit of trouble getting in on but I might be wrong , I cut a 32 ft white oak he was over 30 minutes to get on truck , Mill had a special order for a big timber so it had to stay that long

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

thecfarm

Fokke,I like that barn foundation. Looks old,but tight.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

barbender

I don't know what the actual weight rating of the K100 is, I do know it will lift slightly more than a Serco 7000. Or 2 16' 24" pine logs, but that is slow- it's close to the limit. It's faster to load them one at a time.

barbender

Capacity 118,009 lbs/ft lifting moment, whatever that means? :)

chevytaHOE5674

Barbender I think there is a tag on the side of the crane that has a diagram that gives the lifting capacity at different distances.

barbender

If I'm understanding the lifting moment rating correctly, I should be able to lift 4000 pounds at nearly full extension (30'). It's not that strong, I know that. If I get a good full grapple (1/3 cord) out at full extension (which I try not to make a habit of) I can just barely get it off the ground enough to pull the extension back in. I think my grapple is around 700 pounds, plus, say 1/3 cord of popple (1500 pounds) gives me 2200 pounds. Impressive enough, I think, and I didn't run this machine when it was new. It had around 9000 hours when I got in it.

barbender

Chevy I believe you are right, I will look at it tomorrow. The heaviest items I handle regularly are crane matts, and I could immediately tell the difference with the K100 versus a K90 with those. As I stated before, I can set matts over the tail of the machine (barely, you have to have things lined up right and know where you want it to land before you swing it back there), the Buffalo K90 couldn't even begin setting them like that. You can barely lift them right next to the side of the machine. The tradeoff is that the K90 is faster with lighter loads. Nearly all of our forwarders (Buffalo and BuffaloKings) have Hultdins 360 grapples now, 1 Buffalo still has a 260. I'm waiting on Ponsse to get me a 420 so I can compensate for the slower lift speed with bigger buckets of wood 8) I haul about 2 cords more than the Buffalo, but they go around me like little ants on the landing, they can unload in 7-8 minutes and it takes me 12 :D

ehp

Mill weighed that oak log cause I asked them to , 24 foot 6 inches log, 6940 pounds is what they said , log truck had enough trouble getting on the truck

gman98

Quote from: jwilly3879 on January 01, 2017, 09:41:08 PM
Haven't taken any pictures for awhile but here's a few from this weekend.

Trailer load of pine logs from my son and I.

My grandson and I finished out a load of hemlock pulp on Friday.

Together with a pile of firewood in the back.

Happy New Year to everyone!
What length is your hemlock pulp cut to?  Consider yourself blessed to have a softwood pulp market.
Forest technician and part time equipment operator.  Looking to get set up with some logging equipment of my own.

coxy

Quote from: ehp on January 05, 2017, 07:08:36 PM
Mill weighed that oak log cause I asked them to , 24 foot 6 inches log, 6940 pounds is what they said , log truck had enough trouble getting on the truck
how big was it on the small end  I did it 25ft long and 28in  and came with in around 100 or so lbs lighter so they are honest  :)

Fokke

Quote from: thecfarm on January 03, 2017, 07:46:35 PM

Foundation is old school it's natural stones piled up without mortar. The house is even better, signed 1923 it's all stone and wood

Bert

Took this pic yesterday before the snow. Basically just some junk sawlogs for our mill. It was a good day for January. The mud was frozen and no snow.

Saw you tomorrow!

paul case

Quote from: Fokke on January 06, 2017, 07:57:30 AM
Quote from: thecfarm on January 03, 2017, 07:46:35 PM

Foundation is old school it's natural stones piled up without mortar. The house is even better, signed 1923 it's all stone and wood

Cool for sure.

I always thought that they would fall apart without mortar. Can you tell why they have held together so nicely?

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Fokke

It requires skill to lay a stonewall, you can't find a master that'll do it like that today. You have to find a place for every stone so that they interlock and retain each other with their own weight. If you get it right it'll hold forever because there is nothing in it that decays like mortar. I think this method is called "dry stone" in English.

coxy

they took there time to build  it not like today hurry up and get it done and get to the next one to make a huge profit  :)

ehp

Coxy, never put a tape on it for diameter as its not that big , I cut lots bigger than those, once it takes 2 log trucks to load a stick them were getting there . I got a big bush that has lots of big oak just not sure yet if I'm going to cut it this winter , those will give my old 230A a work out

Thank You Sponsors!