iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

couple pics... post what your currently cutting

Started by RunningRoot, January 27, 2015, 08:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Fokke,interesting. Thanks for the picture and the why.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

BargeMonkey

Quote from: coxy on January 02, 2017, 06:31:31 AM
barge your using a chain saw and a dozer  :o :D
Its rough.  :D :D :D  hammering off the HW on some land we own, don't want to cut the pine right now so it's not worth bringing the big iron down. Be back on it in the morning.

BargeMonkey

Maintenance and firewood the last couple days. 

That cab tipping takes all the work out of a miserable hose. 

I wish the boom system on this was a little friendlier for transport, had to tighten all the bolts up again and go thru it, quite a bit more to limb. 20" and down she is an animal. 

I appreciate everyone's recommendations on processors, playing phone tag with Brent Eastman right now. The problem is whatever I look at it doesn't quite fit or isn't quite as friendly as this one, that 2040 will fit if I cut the hitch and 4ft off the infeed. Bells will build me a circle saw that's "close". I've got to many irons in to many fires so not in a rush to upgrade, Dick from Comstock just dropped me off 4 bars tonight so she will be around for a bit more. 

Little clearing job for a septic system I cut the other day, all multi stem soft maple, track all the firewood out and throw in the pile, have to chip it on monday.

ehp

how will your forwarder handle this , they will use 2 trucks to load this , 68 inch oak 

ehp

Barge would it not be easier to change the building than the firewood  processor

BargeMonkey

Quote from: ehp on January 07, 2017, 06:19:38 PM
Barge would it not be easier to change the building than the firewood  processor
That is some stick of oak. Wow.  :D. I know of a couple around here close to that but not that big.
We have added onto this building about 5x, my sharpening room is to the left of the processor, chip cleaner in the floor, we have talked about it but unless we start from scratch it just won't work. I'm only doing 3digits worth of firewood a yr, not exactly "huge" production, couple guys around me doing 2-3000 cord. Lately the money is in loglength, got a panicked call tonight for 3lds tomorrow I'm glad I sat on that extra wood all yr.

BargeMonkey

Cut. More. Wood.  :D

Skid roads aren't friendly and pretty tight, anymore than 4 good ones and you get smashed all over turning corners, crabbed sideways sliding corners Poor girl is about to turn 12k hrs, original engine original clutch. I've been in the winch a few times but that's about it and doesn't use any fuel.

lopet

Quote from: ehp on January 07, 2017, 06:18:24 PM
how will your forwarder handle this , they will use 2 trucks to load this , 68 inch oak 

That's a  wooper !  Interesting they grow that big on sandy soil. How old is it ?
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

barbender

ehp, that is some stick! :o I might be able to pick one end of it and back under it, I don't know. That thing is huge!
Too many irons in the fire

barbender

This is about the limit that my crane will lift at full extension. That's a bucket of Balmy (aka Balsam or Black Poplar) 1/3 cord bucket over full, probably closer to 1/2 cord in that grab. Balmy is fairly heavy wood green, it's pretty waterlogged. I'd guess around 4800 pounds/cord.

A little dredging the other night, beavers made a dam out of a section of the haul road. It had a narrow corner coming into it, and then a hole on the side of the road that could've pulled a truck off the road. So I pulled some mud up and packed it in the hole. At -20°F it set up quickly :) My bucket had a pretty gnarly frozen mud buildup, so I went and forwarded another load of wood before I shut down for the night.

Here is our Ponsse Ergo 8w getting after it in some black spruce, with White Pine and White Cedar reserved. This job has been tough on hoses with all these crooked cedars hanging over the skid trail

And lastly, a nice winter sunset.

Too many irons in the fire

coxy

here in the great state on NY if you did that to a poor little beavers pond you would be put in the electric chair  :D

ehp

just stuff from today, first one is popular , sure not pretty but sound and has some size

ehp

table top log , mill scaled it at 1058 feet , 8 foot log and oak,  I cut a 8 footer off that other big oak and mill gave me a scale of 1682 feet , doyle scale  had to use chains to load that one as grapple would not even come close to going around the log 

xalexjx

I have to get better at taking pictures. Cut a few loads the last week or so. Lots of f/w and pulp right now and into some nice pine after this week.

few logs here and there

Logging and Processed Firewood

thecfarm

Looks like someone is burning the midnight oil. But getting dark at 4:45 it's easy to do that.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

xalexjx

knew we had rain and 50 deg coming in today so didnt want to skid. So wedged about three loads into the landing so I can slash today in the loader

rank

OntarioAl

rank
you need to load your pictures into your personal photo gallery on this site.
Once done follow the instructions to post pictures in your thread
Cheers
Al
Al Raman

Magicman

Quote from: rank on January 12, 2017, 05:17:42 PM
My pics are .Jpg how to post them? 
Follow these instructions:  LINK

If you have any questions, just ask away.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

danbuendgen

Just went back to work for my old boss for a bit and instantly started cutting impressive hardwood. Too bad most the best trees got cut before I got the camera out. The pictures don't give these trees justice. All the logs went to China....

My 395 with a 20" bar and white ash.

Husqvarna ~ TimberJack ~ Dodge Cummins

OH logger

john

xalexjx

lshobie

John Deere 440 Skidder, C5 Treefarmer,  Metavic Forwarder, Massey 2500 Forklift, Hyundai HL730 Wheel Loader, Woodmizer LT40, Valley Edger,  Alaskan Mill, Huskys, Stihls, and echos.

ehp

just some of the stuff from today , just picking up the stuff I did not cut the first pass threw the bush

lynde37avery

power mods!  youtube celebrity.  I love those vids.
Detroit WHAT?

Thank You Sponsors!