iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

couple pics... post what your currently cutting

Started by RunningRoot, January 27, 2015, 08:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GRANITEstateMP

Barge, You've got some impressive Iron.  Always like seeing pictures of your projects!
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

coxy

Quote from: OH logger on February 03, 2017, 07:49:06 AM
whats going in the new shed barge? storage, sawmill, processor...??
that's the new house so he can keep all his girls in one place  ;) :D :D 8) 8)

BargeMonkey

Quote from: GRANITEstateMP on February 03, 2017, 11:22:43 AM
Barge, You've got some impressive Iron.  Always like seeing pictures of your projects!
Thank you. I took over the logging end of things about 10yrs ago and it's been a slow struggle. Wood makes up a small % of what we do so sometimes my pictures aren't quite logging related.

BargeMonkey

Its a 40x96 convience store. My father and i had kicked the idea around for a few yrs and it's taken me 2yrs and 4 months to get to this point. I hope to have it open by June 15th with gas /diesel. Being in the NYC watershed sometimes it takes a while to get anything done. I've got almost 40,000 gal of above ground triple wall tanks being built at Highland tank shortly and we will literally be our own fuel supplier shortly buying direct from the port of Albany. It's 16 miles either direction for a gallon of milk down here, I think come summer you won't be able to get near the place it will be so packed. I bought out 2 complete other business so basically it's down to the cooler and freezer box, we are doing this once and right the first time.

OH logger

dang it sure sounds like a great place for me to sell some firewood bundles!!  ;D ;D
john

BargeMonkey

Quote from: OH logger on February 03, 2017, 07:40:08 PM
dang it sure sounds like a great place for me to sell some firewood bundles!!  ;D ;D
I just found a place to buy "onion bags" for selling the scraps off the survey stakes we manufacture, I'm looking around for a bundler but not in a hurry.

BargeMonkey

Quote from: coxy on February 03, 2017, 05:55:01 PM
My step mother told me I was going to get stabbed in my sleep one of these days. 😂 I send out 4 "goodmorning" texts each a little unique every morning, the problem is not mixing them up. I called one the other ones name about 6wks ago, then the other one was here and one called at 1am to talk as she was getting out of work. I've got dinner with something that's unbelievable gorgeous Monday night, 5-10 and is a worker, I think I'm out of my league on this one but I'm throwing down. 😂

They are everywhere. The nurse that went with me to snowstorms to pick that head up was a nice girl but it wasn't going to work, nice girl but she still won't take no for an answer. This one I'm taking out monday is going back to school for her masters degree, does gymnastics as a hobby and loves rough country guy types, if you read my obituary and see that I died of a heart attack next wk don't feel bad for me. 😂

luvmexfood

Quote from: BargeMonkey on February 03, 2017, 07:54:24 PM
Quote from: OH logger on February 03, 2017, 07:40:08 PM
I just found a place to buy "onion bags" for selling the scraps off the survey stakes we manufacture, I'm looking around for a bundler but not in a hurry.

Remember what I said a long time ago. The key to a successful convenience store is selling a good hotdog. LOL
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

BargeMonkey

Anyway this was my day. Started off great and ended miserably. 

Too big and too nice for the timbco. I think I put 38 of those down today, only had 1-2

that had alot of mineral and some rot.
I cut a spot out with the timbco and work around my good wood, handcut that and I try to keep my brush in piles. This was a 20acre lot that gets hunted pretty hard, I kept the nice small younger oak and left a few of the larger acorn producing lower grade oaks and it looks good. So many of these woodlots get high graded and they cut just the best and you never grow any good wood. I average maybe 5%-10% good logs on most of these lots I cut, 1ld a wk is doing good sometimes but I won't butcher the small stuff coming in and cut bolt wood. 

That parker hydraulic hose machine is paying off. Problem is keeping every odd fitting on hand. Popped a short hose about 2pm and that killed the day.

Caseybow123

Got my spruce saw logs done in 3 days. 

killamplanes

Clear to 9ft, 38in at base hoping for 32in at 9ft.  I don't cut but a couple of these a year. Lots of bdft on limbs etc. But a big gamble when u buy trees standing. They maybe hollow or get tore up on the way down. But sometimes I get lucky.
It's walnut, picture not the best
jd440 skidder, western star w/grapple,tk B-20 hyd, electric, stihl660,and 2X661. and other support Equipment, pallet manufacturing line

snowstorm

Ford_man

Barge Monkey I have a Bundle wrapper that I don't use any more. I don' do bundles.

luvmexfood

Quote from: BargeMonkey on February 03, 2017, 08:08:05 PM
Quote from: coxy on February 03, 2017, 05:55:01 PM
My step mother told me I was going to get stabbed in my sleep one of these days. 😂 I send out 4 "goodmorning" texts each a little unique every morning, the problem is not mixing them up. I called one the other ones name about 6wks ago, then the other one was here and one called at 1am to talk as she was getting out of work. I've got dinner with something that's unbelievable gorgeous Monday night, 5-10 and is a worker, I think I'm out of my league on this one but I'm throwing down. 😂

They are everywhere. The nurse that went with me to snowstorms to pick that head up was a nice girl but it wasn't going to work, nice girl but she still won't take no for an answer. This one I'm taking out monday is going back to school for her masters degree, does gymnastics as a hobby and loves rough country guy types, if you read my obituary and see that I died of a heart attack next wk don't feel bad for me. 😂
Bargemonkey. You sound like me way back when. Dating one and another came along. Had her out 100 miles away from home. Thought I would be safe. First thing I did was run into a friend of the first one. Those were the days. Never take an extra to a popular tourist destination no matter how far away from home.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

barbender

You guys make your own weather (that's an old saying, I think) :)
Too many irons in the fire

Corley5

One's bad enough ;) :D  Juggling more.... headscratch smiley_dizzy teeter_totter
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

newoodguy78

Quote from: Corley5 on February 05, 2017, 08:10:54 PM
One's bad enough ;) :D  Juggling more.... headscratch smiley_dizzy teeter_totter
I agree fully I never could keep one happy let alone try and juggle multiple  :).

I guess that is why I'm single :D

BargeMonkey

Quote from: newoodguy78 on February 06, 2017, 12:30:09 AM
Quote from: Corley5 on February 05, 2017, 08:10:54 PM
I agree fully I never could keep one happy let alone try and juggle multiple  :).

I guess that is why I'm single :D
As much as I hate to admit it, the juggling thing isn't as fun as it sounds, kind of like playing with fire.  :D  can't quite figure out the girl I've been chasing for almost 1yr now, an amazing girl that has everything I've been looking for but I can't gain headway so I don't know what to do. 😂😂

BargeMonkey

Anyway here's some wood pictures from Sunday. I saved the best logs on this job till last and it's kind of nice to cut some good wood for a change. I've probably got 100+ hitches of firewood on the ground, kill cable on my delimber is frozen and I don't feel like messing with it and I don't want to handle the firewood 2x so waiting till I get home. 😂😂

A few friends of mine bust on me about being "part time" and owning a Timbco and that I can't hand cut, so I have to provide proof sometimes. I've cut 100+ trees like that in the last couple days. 

That 460 is a tough machine. Grab 4-5 good ones and go. Sometimes cable is the way to go but dual arch grapple is FAST in certain circumstances. 

I gave up tonight at 6 when I couldn't see anymore, need better lights on the loader. 😂 hopefully log prices don't take a dive while I'm gone.
I've made my mind up, 2 more hitches and I'm done, it's kind of weird because I've been on the boats for 15yrs, never been home longer than 7wks and I'm literally giving it up to cut wood and swing dirt, I went to work for these people 2yrs ago because I could work any schedule I wanted and I hope I'm making the right choice. 😂

ehp

Barge, Man Im glad I donot have your problems  ;D  , you got to sleep with one eye open  :D

Gearbox

I gave it up yesterday . the snow is just too deep for tractor logging . You get off the trail and it just chatters to get through . I guess if I needed wood I would tough it out but better days are coming .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

barbender

It is getting deep, and with that crust halfway down it makes for tough going. I have about 20 deer following me around the sale I'm on now eating the buds on the hardwood tops. Well, that was as of Saturday, I haven't worked a day this week, I have been down with the flu. It has really kicked my butt >:(

Gearbox

Get better . I had a colon scope apt for Jan 6 postponed till feb 6 postponed till feb 27 . All flu and cold related hope to make the last one . Hope you recover fast my flu was short head cold lasted 2 weeks .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

barbender

Thanks Gearbox. I can typically work through a head cold, but the flu just shuts me down. Then, of course, if you are having medical procedures it messes that up. I had a routine checkup scheduled for last Tuesday, I called the clinic and asked if they really wanted me in there in my condition. "Nah, reschedule." :) Those colonoscopies are no fun, well the procedure is a non event but the prep for it is, well, don't make any plans for that day :) I haven't had one but my poor wife has had more than I can remember.

mf40diesel

Ive been having a dickens of a time posting pics on here,  I believe it is my substandard internet connection actually.

He is the last turn I made this time home.  Working for my folks neighbors, maintaining their view.  It's a little steeper than it looks. 

John Deere 5055e, mfwd. Farmi JL306 Winch. Timberjack 225 Skidder. Splitfire splitter & Stihl saws.

Thank You Sponsors!