iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

couple pics... post what your currently cutting

Started by RunningRoot, January 27, 2015, 08:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynde37avery

David L let's trade skidders!
looks great man, nice logs. we got about 1 foot+ of snow out this way.
Detroit WHAT?

1270d

Road restrictions going on here this morning.  Supposed to be temporary, but we'll see.

Corley5

Frost laws went on in the surrounding counties this AM and go on here in Cheboygan Co. Monday AM.  They'll be on until spring  ;) ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Bricklayer51

They put weight law signs on both sides of the stop sign down at the corner .

Maine logger88

Been cutting pine and hardwood here's a decent pine

79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

BargeMonkey

schmalts

Took 2100 feet of dark black ash so far. Man that dark stuff is pretty.

lynde37avery

Detroit WHAT?

jwilly3879

The header is fortunately frozen solid and I hope it holds out till we are done. Have a feeling they will be posting the road if this warm weather holds on.

Shipped 2 loads so far, about 15 mbf, I estimate this pile around 12 mbf, averaging over 1000 feet /tree, this pile is about 10 hrs. work.

dustintheblood

Not sure or not if it's that technology is helping old farts like us with pictures, but I do have to say that there's some epic shots coming in these days in this thread.   

We are all so fortunate that we don't do selfies from inside our cubicles on the 3rd aisle on the 19th floor.   :D :D
Case 75C, Case 1494, RangeRoad RR10T36, Igland 4001, Hardy 1400ST, WM LT40HD, WM Edger, ICS DH Kiln

jwilly3879

I underestimated my log pile, shipped this load today and have another left for tomorrow.

coxy

he should put more on its pine its light  :D our pine around here is mostly red rot seem like the good ones are in a crap hole or your not allowed to cut them

jwilly3879

Stoneyacrefarm

Jwilly.
What's pine like that paying over your way?
Work hard. Be rewarded.

chevytaHOE5674

With temps in the 40's and 50's for the last week and 4 feet of snow on the ground its pretty wet and sloppy and hard to work too many places. A small hand cutting crew cut this job but didn't want to risk cutting near these powerlines so they left a 50-100 foot buffer strip. So I've spent the last few days thinning that buffer strip down along 3/4-1 mile of pole line. Not the most fun and much more stressful than cutting in the woods someplace but at least its work.

jwilly3879

Local mill is paying $250 straight through to 8"

802hlake

White pine after pine after pine. pretty nice 4 @ 16 footers

coxy

how do you guys load a truck on that much of a slant if I did that the truck would roll over  ;) :D 8) 8)

BargeMonkey

I'm always impressed to see the pine you guys cut up north, it can be hard to find good BIG wp around here sometimes. That picture is from a few months ago walking wood with my father, I've been cutting the HW off this lot when I've got time, 250+ pine like those that go on the lower half. We used to send alot of pine slabs to Northville, "ADK" pine, 😂 from the Catskills.

I should be home playing in the mud /cutting wood, my relief begged me for another week home so like a fool I said ok,  😂 17 days of fun and games so far, this was weds meltdown, "maintenance" around here for alot of stuff is, "run it till it dies", directly opposite of how we do it at home with our stuff.

ehp

Barge that's just a average wp here and there thousands of them as we donot cut many of them unless mil has a order to be filled

ehp

One big thing I see different from 99% of the pictures of your guys forest compared to ours here is  you guys have very little under bush , our forest here the under bush is real thick and you cannot see very far , the foresters want that and really hate seeing a bush with a clean floor

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

BargeMonkey

Quote from: ehp on February 24, 2017, 05:58:12 PM
Barge that's just a average wp here and there thousands of them as we donot cut many of them unless mil has a order to be filled
I know of 1 other place locally with nice big pine and they are almost too big and starting to die. If I aspired to cut the nice HW in volume like you have up there I would starve to death down here if I just cut good logs and had any payments to make. 😂
There's no undergrowth/ brush on these couple lots because of the soil. It's a sandy topsoil, the small stuff has choked anything else out from growing, it is almost close to washed sand for the first few ft, then ribbons of beautiful #1#2 round stone. We have been trying to buy this place for 10+yrs and my father did a few months ago.

thecfarm

I had some big eastern white pine,as in your picture. The under brush,kinda like that. After cutting all the big pine,can't even walk through there now. My Father said we need to cut a road for the pine to fall into. We would cut all the trees we thought would get knocked down. Looks so diffeant now. Don't look like the woods that I grew up in.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ken

Some beautiful pictures of large white pine and hardwood on this thread.  Unfortunately I don't get to cut much of either as most properties around here have been raped pretty hard over the past number of decades.
Lots of toys for working in the bush

Thank You Sponsors!