iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Video of my new electric saw

Started by teed, May 09, 2015, 01:14:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teed

Just upgraded sawmill with new electric saw with water cooling. The model is called Logosol Speed Saw E5 and is equipped with E37elekrisk feed

I will make a more detailed video about the saw and the feed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izQ1JIs7WGk
On my homestead, I mill with.
Logosol B1001 bandsaw mill
Woodland mill HM122 bandsaw mill
Logosol F2 with Speedsaw E5 chainsaw mill
Logosol Farmers with Stihl MS391 and MS661

beenthere

teed
That setup looks like it saws pretty well.  smiley_thumbsup

Thanks for the video.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

thechknhwk

That is a slick chainsaw mill setup.  Good job on the video too. ;D

fishpharmer

I am impressed by how fast it cuts and the board drag back ability.  8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dave Shepard

That's really neat. And quiet. 8)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

teed

Have not had time to test much yet, so far it has worked beyond all expectations.

47sawdust

That is really slick.Very nice upgrade!
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

dustyhat

Makes me want one. realy nice .

21incher

Really nice setup. Cuts faster then my band mill. How big a bar can it take?  :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

teed

Quote from: 21incher on May 09, 2015, 07:35:29 PM
Really nice setup. Cuts faster then my band mill. How big a bar can it take?  :)

It takes 27" bar.
But I have the smaller model E5 which is 5000w, there's even a model named E8 which is almost twice as strong.

JohnM

Teed, that is just plain slick!  Is that video spend up at all?  If not I'm amazed at how much faster it is over your chainsaw set-up! :o  I think fresh cut birch is some of the nicest looking wood around.  Nice stuff all around.
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

thecfarm

I would like to see that in the up coming Bangor show!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

fishfighter

What is the power need for it?

Ox

I would have never guessed a chainsaw mill could cut so fast.  Neat!
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

justallan1

BCsaw

Really cool. That slab was heading for the sun as you were cutting!! :D
Inspiration is the ability to "feel" what thousands of others can't!
Homebuilt Band Sawmill, Kioti 2510 Loader Backhoe

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

teed

Quote from: JohnM on May 09, 2015, 08:40:43 PM
Teed, that is just plain slick!  Is that video spend up at all?  If not I'm amazed at how much faster it is over your chainsaw set-up! :o  I think fresh cut birch is some of the nicest looking wood around.  Nice stuff all around.

JohanM
The film is not up speed at all, there is this speed that the saws.
Yes it is sick much faster one what my chainsaw is. But I have gained another saw carriage for my chainsaw as I should have when I saw in places without power. and it has a crank on which I guess makes you get a little better speed with a chain saw. I will soon make a film that compares the saw and the electric saw.

teed

Quote from: fishfighter on May 09, 2015, 09:02:11 PM
What is the power need for it?

fishfighter
in Sweden and in Europe it describes the effect of the electric motors with watts, not like in the US where you use the HP or Amp. Then we have some other Differences, we have 240volt wall sockets and all the houses have 3 phase standard that is 400 volts.
So the motor on the saw is 5000 watt 400volt 3 phase. But there are similar chainsaws in the US and then I think they are 220 volt 3 phase and 40Amp.

thechknhwk

I read on the logosol page that the E5000 is 15hp.  So that saw has some grunt.

drobertson

I like it, much better than the gas powered for sure, power feed is the ticket,  thanks for sharing,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Percy

smiley_clapping smiley_clapping

Amazing..
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Thank You Sponsors!