Sponsors:

Share your PR Travels

Started by Magicman, July 27, 2015, 08:17:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on August 13, 2015, 08:12:21 PM
He might starve.

Not if he follows the Peter Drouin 4 foot sticker plan.  :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

I have not given sawing much thought for the past few weeks.  I guess that will soon change because because there are messages on the answering machine. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Peter Drouin

Quote from: Magicman on August 13, 2015, 07:57:26 PM
After a wonderful visit and meal with wwsjr (Willie) and his wife, Pat and I spent the night at a Mississippi State University campground South of Starkville, and then made the short drive home today.

3K miles, 11 states, and 17 days of traveling had to finally come to and end, but we had stretched the PR trip as far as we could.  The new 5th wheel camper performed flawlessly and so did the 3 year old F250 gasser averaging 11.7 MPG.  I was very pleased.

Good you made it home safe, And thanks for the pics of your trip. 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

LAZERDAN

I am going to miss the food pictures.  Like i is on a diet .    Lazerdan

sandhills

Glad to hear you made it home too, there's no place like it you know  ;)

Howdy

Finally got the pictures out of the camera and into the FF gallery.  So here is proof that train travel is a great way to see the country while attending the Pigroast...

This is the Columbia River between Oregon and Washington not far from Portland.

The train was made up with two level cars, the lower was for getting on/off, bathrooms, and luggage storage. 

Observation car seating, one per train.  One end offered seats that swiveled while the other end had tables. On the lower level was the snack bar.

Remember the train was always moving in every possible direction at the same time. Pictures are somewhat blurry.

Tight stairs between levels.

Moving between cars required opening two doors and being ready to step from one car moving in one direction to another moving in a different direction.  Made for fun times.

Typical restroom at the start of the trip (you didn't want to know how it looked after a couple of days).  While restrooms were sufficient in numbers it was a tight squeeze to fit in.  A handicapped restroom was in one of the cars and was somewhat larger. 

And to prove I was really there, here is a picture of the guest of honor being disassembled by a team of ready volunteers.

People had a great time at the Pigroast.  This is something every member needs to plan on attending someday.

I had a wonderful time and thank Jeff, Tammy, and especially the good folks at Logrite for their generosity in assisting me to go this year.

Raider Bill

Good picture of the elusive Furby!
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Magicman

Thank you Howdy for including the train pictures.  That is the closest that I have never been to riding on one.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

4x4American

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on August 13, 2015, 08:17:01 PM
Quote from: WDH on August 13, 2015, 08:12:21 PM
He might starve.

Not if he follows the Peter Drouin 4 foot sticker plan.  :D :D :D

This might be kinda old but what is the 4ft sticker plan?
Boy, back in my day..

Thank You Sponsors!