iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood show , somerset NJ Feb 20th - 21st - Rikon Bandsaw Purchase

Started by OffGrid973, February 20, 2016, 11:47:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OffGrid973

Hi Forum,

If anyone is looking to get themselves a higher end bandsaw without breaching the $1,000 limit I just scored a Rikon that was rated in Fine Woodworking magazine for what I consider a very fare price.

The wood show is at the Garden State Exhibit Center today and tomorrow.  You can see folks turning, seminars on finishing, dovetails, etc...I look forward to this each year.

I finally decided to pull the trigger on an adult sized bandsaw and picked this up for $750 which was right in my price range.

-Chris
Your Fellow Woodworker,
- Off Grid

jamesamd

I went yesterday, same old....over priced wood, retail prices for most name brand tools, parking stinks!!!
Don't think I'll waste My time again  >:(

I am very happy for Your purchase, I wish You many years of satisfaction and enjoyment with Your new saw.  ;D

Olsen & Viking blades have served Me well :-*

jim
All that is gold does not glitter,not all those that wander are lost.....

lowpolyjoe

Congrats!

I've wanted a bandsaw for a long time.  That deal sounds like a great value.

Wish I saw this post yesterday, I might have taken a drive down to Somerset

OffGrid973

Thanks guys...parking does stink so you need to go to the hotel, park in back and walk behind hotel (covered shortcut).  If you are into the demos and learning some tricks it's really worth it for newbies and those who like listening to the pros advice.

Setup the saw last night and it only took about an hour, looking forward to cranking out some table legs of it warms up a little...cold and rainy in jersey today
Your Fellow Woodworker,
- Off Grid

Kbeitz

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Dodgy Loner

Quote from: Kbeitz on February 24, 2016, 04:01:03 AM
Looks like a Grizzley with a different paint job.

Rikon is not associated with Grizzly. I'm sure most of the parts come from China and/or Taiwan, though (like all other power tool manufacturers). I have had a Rikon bandsaw for about 10 years. It's a good saw.
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

John S

Congratulations on your purchase.  I thought the show was great and the Rikon bandsaws were very impressive.  The dealer told me that he sold 15 of them at the show, when I am ready to upgrade I will definitely contact him (I like the 3.5% sales tax, too).
Dave Scott and Barry from WM delivered an LT35 to a customer at the show.  They also had an LT40 Super and an LT15 Wide running  for all three days.
I go every year and always enjoy it, everyone is very professional and seem to treat their customers well.  I returned an item to Tools For Woodworking that I purchased last year, no receipt (I did have a credit card bill).  They gave me a full refund (cash).
Hopefully, I will be able to attend next year.
2018 LT40HDG38 Wide

Thank You Sponsors!