iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

road trip

Started by coxy, July 23, 2016, 06:13:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

went to smugglers notch Vermont yesterday and back left at 6am and was back at 830pm got lost 2times how come your roads are not marked as good as ny  :) but all in all it was a nice ride around the mountains also like the speed/radar signs that flash and tell you to slow down hope they don't take pics of the truck and send you tickets through the mail  :D :D  does anyone know what the crop is they/you grow there that has a purple flower on it don't think it was clover looked like vetch but not shur had a nice smell to it driving by

WV Sawmiller

Coxy,

Maybe they figure anybody who would be there would already know their way around so no need to mark the roads. I think that is the norm around here. Glad you had a good trip. Don't know what the purple flowers were.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Chuck White

Coxy;  The crop with purple flowers might be "Vetch", it's similar to Alphalfa in protein content!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

coxy

ahh see           the smell of them flowers was real good almost a cotton candy/honey smell I know the beef cows we had would not even think about eating the other vetch but they would not eat TSC feet ether  had to be agway crunchy 16  :-\ :-\ and the hay they ate in the winter was even worse they would pick over the goldenrod and other weeds it had to be good hay or they would stand there and beller till you gave them another bale of good hay and they say cows are dumb  :D :D

timberlinetree

Glad you had a safe trip. Agway still makes crunchy 16? Its been 20 yrs or so since I be stacked a bag.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

thecfarm

Not many Agway stores in my area now.
If you could of got through VT and made it to ME,the road signs are up. When 911 got going here,the road signs went up. Some towns had the same name for 2 roads. The road I live on was changed to my last name somehow. It's on the town tax maps now. Than it got changed back to Gordon Hill.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!