iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Truck Driver Training Advice Needed

Started by smwwoody, August 24, 2014, 05:19:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smwwoody

I started training my new driver today.  Here is his Pic.  He is having trouble reaching the peddles but he sure can give that steering wheel, shifter, and turn signal lever a real workout.

Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

sawguy21

Put blocks on the pedals and start training. :D My dad let me steer and shift while he worked the pedals as long as I didn't tell mom.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

smwwoody

Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

barbender

That's awesome! I got my start like that ;) You are either giving him a leg up on a rewarding career, or screwing him up for life, depending on one's perspective :D What a cute little guy ;)
Too many irons in the fire

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

clww

My only advice would be to let him ride with an experienced driver for at least two weeks. After that, he's on his own. :D
Great picture. ;)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Holmes

Great way to start. 8)  At least he's not texting. ;D
Think like a farmer.

Ford_man

You really should replace that old worn out seat so he don't get discouraged. splitwood_smiley

smwwoody

that is my 19 month old grandson and he is my pride and joy  8)
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

Maine372

put a hand throttle where he can reach it and couple 2x4s on the brakes. don't worry about the clutch, he shouldn't need that if you teach him right. don't forget to make sure he can reach the most important part of the truck.....THE AIR HORN!

Thank You Sponsors!