iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Started the build.

Started by fishfighter, April 08, 2015, 12:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

It's good to see you making some progress Paul.  At least we are getting a slight break from the miserably hot weather, and also may now get some much needed moisture.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishfighter

Quote from: Nebraska on October 10, 2019, 10:17:25 PM
How deep do you trench down there?  Sure beats our five feet.
I am going down around 18", but 1 foot is good here.

Lynn, we got a lite shower here. By passed me again. :( Suppose to get down to the mid 50's tomorrow with a high of 70. 8)

Magicman

The only reason that I try to bury water lines deeper than 6" is to keep them from possibly getting damaged.  If they are below the grass roots they won't freeze.  ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

The guy doing the excavating at the new house said his line was down 8 feet. He plowed snow off the top all winter and the frost went down that deep and froze his water. I said, the old line here was down 6' and we plow all winter over the top, but it never froze in 50 years. Last spring there was only a thin crust of frost under the snow. I could dig and plant raspberry canes the end of April.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WDH

A glaciated frozen land.  If I came up there, I would expect to see Wooly Mammoths. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

fishfighter

Snow loads and permafrost are things we only hear on tv. ;D Just ain't happening here. 8)

Had to chill yesterday, but I am like a young buck this morning with this cool weather. ;D A bit more day light and I will get with it. 

sawmilllawyer

Yeah weather was cool here yesterday and this morning, felt great. Knocked down a large dead standing twin stem red oak tree yesterday afternoon. Chainsaws really earned their keep on this one. Didnt hit the house, pool, pool decking or my wife's Japanese maple or crepe myrtle trees, either.  Whole lot easier to do hard work when the temperature cooperates.  
Stihl MS-361, MS-460 mag, Poulan 2150, 2375 Wildthing.

SwampDonkey

In the words of Lord Strathcona, "A man who has been frozen and roasted by turns every year must be the tougher for it, if he survives it at all". :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

In Paul's situation he is either steaming hot, bone dry, or soupy swamp.  When he can fish he has gotta fish with no time to stop and cut bait.  help_me

fishfighter

Rap up the water line this morning. 8) Just have to hook it up now.

Going to need some rain to help pack down the dirt. Then I will grade out everything. That is going to take some time. Then I will order rocks for the drive way.

Came across a power buy on some 5/4 treated deck boards. More then enough to use to deck out the front porch. Will install them this week coming.

Magicman

Good job.  I think that we have some moisture coming this week.

fishfighter

Getting some lite rain now. ;D Had to get out early to fix the dirt coming on my driveway. Finished just as the rain started this morning. 100% today, 80% tomorrow. Wednesday early morning I have to go in for that internal ultra sound. :(  

fishfighter

The ultra sound went good. Still having problems, but the meds that I am on is helping.

Monday, I started nailing down boards on the front porch and finished today.

Just have to trim the ends on this.

Hoping to get the water hook up coming next week so I can get things pressure washed for painting.

Magicman

Nebraska

fishfighter

Haven't been able to do much due to rain. Still waiting on the parish to come hook up a water meter. :(

Magicman

We should be dry this week but more rain this weekend.  The cooler weather will be nice with a predicted 41° which will be our coolest since Spring. 

Hummingbirds are gone.

fishfighter

49F here for tomorrow morning. ;D

Anyway. went and picked up some piping and fitting for the water line to hook up at the house. Total shell shock at the price. :o Unreal. :o Would of never guess even half the price. >:(

Guess your best price for these ? 4", 12", 20" pipes, two elbows, two valves and two PEX connectors. 

When to put it in and had to stop. DanG Red Ant nest. Guess with the rain, they looking for high ground. >:( Now y'all folks up north that has never had to deal with these mean suckers, y'all missing out. :D Had one fellow from up north and he laugh at them till about 5 all at once went to biting. :D Next day we laugh our butts off at him. He gave them full respect after that. :D 

So I put down some bait to kill those suckers off or run them away. Will try again tomorrow. 

Old Greenhorn

My guess is 80 bucks for about 10 bucks worth of parts.
 I never underestimate those red devils. I got mailed years ago and when my Doc took a look at it 5 day later he nearly lost it. Thought I was gonna lose my foot.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

btulloh

Shouldn't be more than thirty bucks , but I'm guessing more based on your post. 

Fire ants are nasty. Worse than yellow jackets, but at least they can't fly. 
HM126

SwampDonkey

Humming right along old timer. 8)

fishfighter

$81 and change. Didn't feel a thing walking out the door. :(

fishfighter

Ants gone, was able to get that line hooked up. The dirt under the house was so dry, I had to use a welding chipping hammer. ;D

The white tube is a PVC 4" pipe that goes over the cut off valve.

All is back filled now. Now only went they will come hook me up. :(

btulloh

Happened to be at HD yesterday and checked out the galv pipe.  Pricey.  Seems like it's gone up a lot. ??  I can see how that $35 bunch of stuff cost you $81.  What's going on with these prices?
HM126

fishfighter

Don't know. Was just in shock. :o Still no meter. >:( Raining cats and dogs here, so another rest day which I can use. ;D

Thank You Sponsors!