iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Paul Bunyan 2021

Started by Skip, April 03, 2021, 08:48:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skip

Went to saw shop in Newark OH (Wright Bros.)  yesterday for some parts (Husky), They are primed and ready for show this year, they have the big Husky tent. The word they have is it is a GO thumbs-up as long as no other catastrophe befalls us ::).Happy Easter every one .

red

Will there be a Sawmill Shootout this year ? 
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

dgdrls

Thanks for the update
Fingers crossed!!

D

Skip

Paul Bunyan next weekend Oct. 1-3-2021

Jeff

I see the schedule says firewood shootout.  I would of liked to go, but life got in the way.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Al_Smith

It's been years now but I did run in the Oho championship hot saw contest at one time .Didn't do so well though . 

gmmills

Glad to see the show is going to be held this year.

Jeff, too bad you cannot make this year. Was really looking forward to having a face to face conversation with you. Many years since we have been able to compare notes. Nothing that can't wait for another time and place.

Hopefully the vendors will have enough equipment inventory to represent their product lines well. We will see. 
Custom sawing full-time since 2000. 
WM LT70D62 Remote with Accuset
Sawing since 1995

mjanzen

Smith Sawmill Service will be at the Paul Bunyan event and will have products and parts. Please stop by and see Jay at Lot #417. https://sawmill.shop

Al_Smith

That event was like home coming in football .People you might not see for a couple of years show up often at the hot saw contests .I've certainly met a lot .However this year I'm not going to make it either .For the chainsaw collectors I heard Larry Steiner ,AKA Chainsaw 57 ,House of Saws will have a booth .This gent from near Cleveland has one of the largest collection of saws in North America if not the entire world and I'm about certain he will have some you'll never see  anywhere else .Including the very last Stihl 090 ever sold in Canada that's never had gasoline in it .

Skip

Scaled down from previous years as expected . Still a lot of vendors , lot of big iron . Woodmizer must have broke out their stash, pretty close to one of everything .  Perfect weather to get out and see what's what .

Jeff

Furby told me Logrite was really busy, he helps at the booth.

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: Jeff on October 03, 2021, 08:51:33 PM
Furby told me Logrite was really busy, he helps at the booth.
That Furby, he gets around!
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Jeff

Al_Smith

The saw races used to start out in the spring at Chardon Ohio and end up at the PB show in the fall .Like said before I ran at both ,didn't do that good though but it was fun .Chardon had displacement classes but PB was unlimited .Each were about a 4 hour drive for me .The competition was some of the keenest in North America with some of the people running in the Stihl timber sports competition . Like so  many life got in my way with my deceased wife's declining  health and I stopped all that .Fact it wasn't until after her passing that  I went anywhere and it  was the FF pig roast which BTW was also a 4 hour drive . 

Magicman

And I met you at that Pig Roast.  8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Al_Smith

Yes indeed and I haven't made it since .Another example of life getting in the way .

Jeff

Al_Smith

samandothers

Seems I remember seeing something on utube that Nathan (Out of the Woods) was speaking there.... maybe in association to Wood Mizer.  

Al_Smith

At one time the variety of arborist things forestry etc were very diverse .From little log arches you could pull around behind a garden tractor to giant chippers that would digest  a 3 feet diameter oak .Some very well built saw mills and some that looked like they were built in somebodies garage welded together by a 14 year old . 

Tacotodd

At least they had diversity.
Trying harder everyday.

Skip

Nathan and his wife ( never heard of them ) were  speaking and signing autographs, not part of WM display. Quite a line in front of them .

Thank You Sponsors!