iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What happened

Started by Fla._Deadheader, May 11, 2003, 06:07:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fla._Deadheader

To all the talk about the "wood for sale" or "wood wanted" classifieds that were requested here a while back?? Is anyone still interested??
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Jeff

It can happen, I just gotta know what ya'll need and how to present it.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Fla._Deadheader

Well, as you told me, You're the designer !! ::)
  I was thinking along the lines of what there is on other forums. A Classified type thing. Of course, ya have to be a member to post, same as the other forums here. It could be something like our For Sale page, but, link it to other pages, to draw the outside world to view it?? Call it Wood Workers Network or sumpin ????????

First, it is ridiculed;

Tom

Ya mean that our "For Sale" page doesn't work?

Fla._Deadheader

A while back, someone suggested that it might be a good idea to have a products site, where anyone could try to buy or sell their mill output. I was just seeing if anyone had any interest??  It would be more like the "other" forum, with their lumber exchange idea???? It should have more exposure, maybe??
   First, it is ridiculed;

biziedizie

Maybe if this goes ahead set it up so the posts automatically delete themselves after a certain number of days. From what I've seen elsewhere an item can be sold but the ad is there a year later taking up room.
  The one they have next door on their lumber exchange is pretty cool cause they update it daily and sent it to your inbox.
  As far as tools and blades and things like that I would sooner buy from the people here in our group as we all know each other and we work together to help each other out.

Steve

Thank You Sponsors!