iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Enough for this year

Started by lopet, December 10, 2014, 08:06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lopet

I took some pictures from my fall thinning job witch I like to share.

Didn't go too bad at the beginning.   Love 40 acre landings.

Then it got bad

And then it got worse. :o

Needed to get my 8 wheeled " locomotive " out to drag those trailer loads through the field. :(

Then it got better again.    About a average size twitch.

I even had 3 or 4 perfect days with  some frost and sunshine. 8)

Finally managed to get some paint of the Farmi winch. :)

This was only a 15 acre landing but I 'll take that anytime.

No time for sorting. Just bucked and trimmed the logs, tossed them on the trailer, ran home and dumped.

Now my back yard looks like a bomb went off, but at least everything is home.  About 41 loads, guessing around 150 -170 cord. Enough for this year !

Had one mishap, bent the upright shaft on my right steering arm.  :(  Nobody there to blame.

With all the wet weather, cold, snow and mud it felt like it took twice as long. I must be getting older. ;D
Now it's time to park my equipment and put some heat in the shop.  I am in for break !!!!!   
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

Southside

Nice job, I am jealous of your landings for sure!!!
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

clww

That's a lot of wood. 8)
Great pictures, too. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

timberlinetree

It stinks working around the weather glad you got it all out. Nice job and pic!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

coxy

nice  ;D  do you sell it cut and split or tree run  we are trying to get my cousins wood yard to look like that but with all the rain it looks like chocolate pudding  ;D

g_man

Great picture story. I really enjoy seeing what others do so thanks for posting.
Right now we are in the soft going here. It was froze up good for a couple days and looked promising but the last two weeks have been warm and wet.

Skidder Kev

Always nice to have big landings where you can lay it out nice like that.  thanks for sharing.

Kev

Autocar

Great pictures looking at your home stead the back ground look's like Kansas instead of Ontario  :D. Thanks for sharing you pictures
Bill

lopet

Thanks for all the comments.
The whole job was a little more than I thought.  Was thinking about 30 dump loads at most, so I was off about 25%.  ;D
Just glad it's all done and at home.

coxy       I sell everything cut and split in 16" and deliver in 3cord loads.

Yes big landings make things a lot easier. 

We still have frost at the moment. There is a skidder crew working right next to me with a big Tj. No ruts at all . The Lo will like that.
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

mad murdock

Nice "whack" of hardwood!   :christmas:
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Thank You Sponsors!