iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bur Oak

Started by Autocar, July 26, 2013, 07:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

Cut a bur oak this week it had it's top broke out from wind I logged it off at 28 feet. Bucked a 12 foot butt log and a 16 foot log total footage 1,497 board feet. I new I wouldn't beable to to much with my F90 Prentice so I made arangements with a friend with a center mount 120 Prentice to help. The 16 went on pretty easy because of the length but the 12 footer turned into a bear. With the help of the farmers farm tractor with a loader we finaly got her high enough to load. I buy logs from this fellow every few years and they even get bigger so I may have to come up with a new plan. Pretty riskey loading this way at least I have all the oaks cut for this year but working on ash now.
Bill

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

RayMO

Sounds like the Pin Oak I cut yesterday except I will load it in 8' logs with my old 922 Cat Wheel Loader . Wish it was as valuable as Bur Oak lol .
Father & Son Logging and sawing operation .

mesquite buckeye

Should be nice....let's have a look. ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

timberlinetree

It's always nerve racking stressing the equipment glad it went well! When in college in North  Dakota (in turtle mountains/more like hills)we ran into a lot of bur oak and when taken  incrament bore samples and couldn't belive the slow growth!good luck with your logs :D
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Autocar

The picture taking part seems to come to me when Iam setting in my recliner. I have a one track mind when It comes to working  ;D. I kick myself number of times missing taking pictures of logs and truck loads of logs. One semi load this week was all 16 foot 8 inch trim White Ash running in the 400 plus board foot range about as nice as Ive cut this summer. I pulled my paper work on this weeks logs the 28 foot Bur ,the 16 ft. had 768 the butt cut 729 just to give you a idea of the size and the grouth rings looked like a old style record.
Bill

mesquite buckeye

If you make a point to keep the camera close by, it is easy when you stop for a drink, etc.
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Thank You Sponsors!