iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

It's a little wet here today.

Started by Dave Shepard, April 16, 2007, 06:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

I guess we won't be getting on the fields for a while now!
This is our brook crossing, in '84 it flooded all the way across the 40 acre corn field on the other side.

The chopper in the first pic wasn't the only thing to get flooded on this brook.

This is our '53 Super M. This photo was taken in July about ten years ago. The brook was dried up for the summer and we got a HUGE rain storm. The water came up over the muffler on this tractor and then receded to the level you see in the picture all within 24 hours. The tractor was pointed due west when it was parked, and is now almost perfectly north. The gravel is up to the floorboards on the other side.

This is the same spot today. The tractor was just to the left of center in this photo.

The Super M survived, and is seen here with some of the other tractors hanging around.

Lot's of water in one place can do some amazing things.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

SwampDonkey

What's the machinery doing in the brook ??? I was wet here to, but I'm high and dry away from any flood plains.  8)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Dave Shepard

The self-propelled haybine sat just  on the other side of that crossing since I was a kid, blown Wisconsin. About ten years ago we tried to tow it back up to the barn but it wanted to wander into the hedgerows so we left it there. It was determined that even if it did run, it was such a wretched piece of equipment that it wasn't worth retrieving. The chopper was surplus parts and for some reason my father decided that it should keep the haybine company. ::) ::)

Here is some more stuff that is kept stored near the brook. I have no idea how my father decides to store stuff, I think leaving junk all over is a family tradition. Although it DanG sure isn't genetic! The running gear of this old spreader is going to be my new log wagon, I might even build a loader for it.

Dave

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

arj

A little wet in Connecticut also, almost up to the mill

Next  day

Made out better than my neighbor, although this would not have happened if the
standpipe was repaired when it broke about 6 years ago, or even last fall.

SwampDonkey

You guys sure are on some low ground. Head for the hills folks. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Dave Shepard

The buildings are all on high ground, the brook would have to rise up about 300 feet and a 1/4 mile to get there. ;D

Thank You Sponsors!