iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ice Monster

Started by pasbuild, February 27, 2013, 08:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pasbuild

This is the snow/ice coming off the shop, I have never seen it hang on SOOO long before. :o

That's my brother Fred he's about 6' and his hat is touching, the side walls are 10' with an energy truss that puts the snow overhang at 4'6" :o

The roof overhang is 2' and the icicles are touching in the middle.
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

sprucebunny

It's a glacier !

We've had the same weather here, lately.

I'm always sure it's coming thru the windows  :o
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Peter Drouin

thats tin roofing with the screw heads showing, it holds the snow :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

clww

Tell Fred to get out of there! That looks dangerous to me.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

WDH

Forum member Red would say that that (RIP TOM) is a snow load  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

isawlogs

I would get the gun and shoot that monster...  sling_shot sling_shot
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: isawlogs on February 27, 2013, 09:16:05 PM
I would get the gun and shoot that monster...  sling_shot sling_shot

Suit him in the Ice.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Chuck White

I think I'd go inside the shop and fire up the wood stove!

That's a lot of overhang.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

It's hanging on just like this winter is.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Roxie

Say when

wheelinguy

That happened at my brothers shop a couple of years ago, when it let go its hit the building so hard that it knocked everything off the shelves and ripped some siding off!! :o

chet

Might be time ta move dem latters. ;)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

thecfarm

Seem like last winter a guy was shoveling his roof off,it had steel on it. It started to come off when he was on it, he got buried by the snow.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Den Socling

Yes I would tell Fred to get out of there. We had the same thing here a couple years ago and it came down with a whoopf. It took a lot of digging to get to the doors again.

Thank You Sponsors!