iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Da Crawfish Hole.

Started by Magicman, April 30, 2022, 04:03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Yup, Crawfish Again......Again.

PatD and Daughter Debra beginning to begin.

My "first" flat which contained Crawfish, Corn, Taters, Sausage, & Mushrooms.

One of da corn & tater buckets.

One of at least 8, 120 quart coolers of Crawfish.  @Jeff
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

You've got a lot of good eat'n to do my friend. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WDH

My lips are burning just looking at that :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

I wish my lips were burning just eating it!

Texas Ranger

Southern finger food, where is the adult libation?
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

JohnW

So what do people call those little critters?  I've always heard them called crawdads.

Ianab

Quote from: JohnW on May 01, 2022, 11:23:53 PM
So what do people call those little critters?  I've always heard them called crawdads.
Depends where you live. 
Crawdads or crawfish seem to be the American names, but in Aussie they are "yabbys" and in NZ "koura" All slightly different species, but all edible. Generally they are all considered "Freshwater Crayfish"
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

newoodguy78

Quote from: JohnW on May 01, 2022, 11:23:53 PM
Delicious is what I call them 

Texas Ranger

aigheadish

I have a surprising amount of crawdads living in the yard... How, literally, do you eat them? Just crack them open like a crab or do you just eat back meat and claw meat? Or...?
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

Texas Ranger

Those would be real mud bugs,and would need to be cleaned.  Clean ones here:  boil, pinch the tail, suck the meat out, then suck the head for the liver.   Takes some adult beverage to get it just right.

aigheadish

Mud bugs indeed. I didn't realize how many were out there until I learned that the weird holes that were sprouting up in the yard were from them and the last big rain we had the wife and I walked around and without looking saw about 20 scurrying about. My guess is I'll continue not eating them.
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

Magicman

Yup, it was Crawfish time again today:

Marty went with us.

Gotta get the picture taking done before you start eating.  

Where is @Jeff when I really need him??   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

You've got quite a plate full to work on. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

That was only the first flat.  :D

Jeff

Lawdy I wishes I was der!

Magicman

@Jeff We dug in again last evening:

This is less than half of the spread.  :)

Jeff

customsawyer

They shut down main street in Dublin, GA. yesterday all afternoon and cooked up 2500 LBS. of fresh mud bugs from Louisianan. Yes I just about hurt myself and had a great time.

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Magicman

Just a family Crawfish eating today:
IMG_5521.JPG
First there was Sausage on da grill and then:
IMG_5522.JPG
30# of Crawfish, 5# of Shrimp, plus da Corn and Taters along with Cole Slaw.
IMG_5523.JPG
I have no idea how many plates of Crawfish I ate.

Jeff

B.C.C. Lapp

I've never ate them but i would certainly like to try them.   Looks like something that goes real good with cold beers.
Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

Magicman

These were quite large and the price had dropped over 1/2 since early season.  These were $5.95 per pound.

Magicman

Yup, Crawfish again:
IMG_5566.JPG
Three 150 quart coolers of Boiled Crawfish.
IMG_5567.JPG
Two coolers of Corn.
IMG_5568.JPG
Two coolers of Red and White Potatoes.
IMG_5569.JPG
Garlic.
IMG_5570.JPG
Three trays of different Sausages.
IMG_5572.JPG
Mushrooms.
IMG_5571.JPG
PatD and Marty with their first flats of Crawfish.  I ate three before Banana Puddin and Egg Custard Pie.

Thank You Sponsors!