iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Chainsaw carbs

Started by blue_eyed_devil, September 24, 2003, 06:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_eyed_devil

I ran into a Stihl representitive over the weekend.I biefly told him about the problems I had with my 395xp.The first thing he asked was, if I do alot of brushing (sweeping across the grain to mill down a surface). I do this all the time,logbuilding
He told me that oil/fuel ratio is not the problem at all.Infact we might even see some chainsaws in the future that run 600:1

It's probably more complicated that I can explain but basicly he said that new carbs on chainsaws have no mid-range curcuitry anymore.They only have Lo-speed idle and Hi-speed curcuits.When I was running my saw at mid throttle,brushing to a line the saw would run dangerously lean (too much air ,not enough fuel). Some models like the 395xp and also some Stihl models seem to be more prone to these troubles than others.I brush with my 262xp ,no problems at all.
Hope one of you hotsaw buffs jump on here and tell us more about jetting.I also would like to know about going  to an older carb on my 395xp.
Thanks .....
262 xp,395 xp,built my own chainsaw mill

redpowerd

how new are them new carbs?
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

blue_eyed_devil

Dunno ???........,but I would guess atleast 5 yrs.
262 xp,395 xp,built my own chainsaw mill

redpowerd

great! a got a 036 pro and an 029 farm boss within them 5 years, no wonder i like my 032av best. id like to see more of jettin carbs or swichin em out, too 8)
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

Thank You Sponsors!