iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Beautiful Day

Started by breederman, December 18, 2003, 09:09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

breederman

What a great day! I don't have to go to work today,sleep in untill sixthirty and only feel a little guilty.Get wife and kids off to school,look out the window at bright sunshine.twentyeight degrees and about four inches of fluffy snow sticking to every twig and branch.
 Think I'll take a stroll around this part of gods earth that the gov'ment so kindly lets me pay taxes on.(note to self:said taxes are past due)
  Sure is a beautiful day,all quiet and white.Lets follow this deer track a ways,I'm going that way any how.Well, a rabbit trail,I wonder what he dug up here? Whats this?A new tree stand in an old scrub pine tree.(note to self: call the hunter downtown and ask him not to build any more)
 The walking is not too bad but a little noisy as the old snow is crunchy,finally get to top of the steep part,manI must be getting old,shouldn't be breathing this hard.Lets head out twards the spruce patch.(otherwise known as my new shop/garage)
 No noise,a great day to contimplate on lifes mysterys,like where is next months tuition payment coming from?(note to self:ask wife if she has any extra money)Lots of brouse and apples still hanging on,deer should do ok this winter.Whats this? An aluminum tree stand with about a dozen pound in steps,in one of my good trees!(note to self: go get hammer,take said stand to town and pound it up on someones porch post) People are thoughtless pigs. Day ruined.

Together we got this !

Paul_H

God made the mountains
God made the sky
God made the people
God knows why

He fixed up the planet
As best as He could
Then in come the people
And gum it up good

(Ben Rumson)

Cheer up Breederman,I had something similar happen to me last year.I wanted to keep a couple of cows in the back,and needed to put in a fence.I talked to the neigbour at the back and told him that there would be surveyors poking around to establish the property line between us.Told him that I could use a small excavator to grub a fenceline in and would do what I could to protect his privacy.

I knew that his "backyard" was encroaching on my property but I said that he could keep on using it.He agreed and the line was staked and iron pegs were put in.I went out and looked and it was surprising how close our line was to his house.
A few months later my wife and I walked out back and couldn't find a ribbon,stake or iron peg :-/The surveying cost $1200 to run the North line between our place.

I was so angry that I wanted to (A)clock him immediately (B) grab the excavator and strip the back line,trench and mound. (C) A&B

Why I didn't was because it would have put me on his level,and I'm to turn the other cheek.I still plan on putting in a fence for the cows,and I'm still planning on carefully grubbing out the backline.

I hope your day gets better. :)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

breederman

Thanks Paul, It's not rally that bad of a day.haven't had much down time lately.spent this pm setting up to put some "t"on some t&g for a closet door I promised wifey.Decided the quiet was nice and didn't want to listen to the saw run so it can wait for later.She should be home soon,have to see if I can recognize her in the day light. ;) have some time off with the family next two weekends.Hey, then i"ll have help with them boards!

Together we got this !

OneWithWood

Paul,
A civil conversation would be in order with your neighbor.  I had a similar experience with a neighbor.  My property line came within inches of his house.  In the end we worked out an agreement whereby I deeded about fifteen feet of property along his property line to him so he would have some elbow room.  In exchange I got permission to use an old logging road accross the back of his property that enabled me to bypass a ravine.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Paul_H

OneWithWood,

I have approached him twice,and asked for his input on where the fence could possibly run,regardless of where the property line would be.He asked me if he could still run his ATV across my land to shortcut to his cousins place.I told him that we could work out some type of gate system.

The North line runs along a Indian Reserve,and I have the Band's support on this situation.They have told me that he is a renter,and has no title to the land he lives on.They also told me that I should run the fence on the property line,and they have had similar problems from others when they had surveying done.

To have a civil conversation,you need to have reasonable people on both sides.I have not persued this in a hasty manner because my wife has a landscape tree nursery out back,and I don't want to run the risk of her stock being vandalised because of a pithing match over a fence.

OneWithWood

Paul,
Understood.  What goes around comes around.
Good luck with the situation.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Paul_H

Thanks.
I expect it to work out fine in the long run.I was just hoping the cows would keep the grass down,instead of me brush hogging with my little tractor.

EZ

Four or five yrs ago I had some fence guys come in and put new fence in the back. I show them where the lines were and clear in the back I told them that we'll just move the new fence about 20 ft from the old one, because of jagers and brush was in the old fence. One day I heard a chainsaw running back their, when I went back the neighbor was cutting some cherry trees down, mine. They were on the other side of the new fence so I told him what I did about the fence thing and showed him where the line really was. He told me he was sorry and I told him he can have the trees that were already down. Last yr I heard a saw running back there and walk back to just more or less say hi to him. There he was cutting some more cherry trees down(mine). I told him again pretty nicely about the line thing again and I kept the trees.
This yr during deer gun season, I was standing in that bush and stuff and he came over and said I was on privite property, ???and walk off. The next time I here a saw running down there and he on my side, I'm going to get the 308 out and shoot the saw out of his hands. ;D
EZ

Thank You Sponsors!