iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Did something dumb today.

Started by firefighter ontheside, February 26, 2019, 10:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawguy21

Not the first time that has been done nor will it be the last.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Machinebuilder

Quote from: KenMac on July 09, 2021, 09:57:14 PM
This is in no way the dumbest thing I've done but today I loaded my tractor on my trailer to go to a small driveway repair job in the morning. Then I decided I'd probably be wise to fuel the truck up. About half way to the station I realized I didn't have my billfold with me. Only took an extra 20 minutes to turn around and start over. At least no blood was shed. :-[
It's worse when you realize AFTER you pumped the gas. :-X
That was a very long time ago....................i would be harder to do now.
Dave, Woodmizer LT15, Husqvarna 460 and Stihl 180, Bobcat 751, David Brown 770, New Holland TN60A

Hilltop366

Quote from: Machinebuilder on July 10, 2021, 08:32:03 AMIt's worse when you realize AFTER you pumped the gas.

I did that 2 years ago, I explained it to the cashier that I had to go home to get my wallet, she looked at me and said ok but not very convincingly so I offered my cell phone to show that I would come back, that seemed to help. I was back in 5 min.

btulloh

These days your cell phone can get you out of these situations. Apple pay, google pay, etc. work well and it's worth setting up at least one card on your phone.  I find it convenient and use it more and more.  No wallet, no problem. 
HM126

doc henderson

on our way to the pig roast about 2 years ago, we stopped for gas.  the pump would not take our card and my wife went into the store to get food and snacks and go poddy.  she got the pump on and came out after I was done pumping, and I went in to Poddy.  we got about 20 miles down the road, when I asked, you paid for the fuel right.  NO.  we called the store and they said they were about to call the police.  they would not take our card over the phone so we had to go back.  pulling a 41 foot camper.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

samandothers

Our current home is about 3.5 hours from a home we built on our family property.  We've been steadily taking a few items at a time and placing in a storage unit.  The key to the lock is on my truck key set. Every so often we'd use our old GMC Suburban to take a load and would have to take truck key set to open the lock.  Yep, one time forgot the truck key set.  Borrowed a bolt cutter from the folks at the storage unit. Man that was a hard lock. 

btulloh

Sounds like a good reason to get a duplicate key and a battery powered angle grinder. 
HM126

terrifictimbersllc

Keep a $20 bill and one of the credit cards I use less stashed in the truck. Peace of mind.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Machinebuilder

I did'nt get this pile stacked and stickered for too long, with the heat and humidity I found this white fungus/mold growing.

its stickered now, it won't be doing much drying in this weather though.

Currently 80 degrees and 75% humidity. I think I was drier getting out of the shower........

Dave, Woodmizer LT15, Husqvarna 460 and Stihl 180, Bobcat 751, David Brown 770, New Holland TN60A

firefighter ontheside

I may or may not have a stack of wood growing something right now.  It is covered, so at least it is not getting wet.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Machinebuilder

That was undercover (on my bobcat forks in the barn)

The boards laying on each other was not a good thing.

Old Greenhorn

Covers don't let the moisture evaporate either.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Resonator

Quoteon our way to the pig roast about 2 years ago, we stopped for gas.  the pump would not take our card and my wife went into the store to get food and snacks and go poddy.  she got the pump on and came out after I was done pumping, and I went in to Poddy.  we got about 20 miles down the road, when I asked, you paid for the fuel right.  NO.  we called the store and they said they were about to call the police.  they would not take our card over the phone so we had to go back.  pulling a 41 foot camper.
Reminds me of a story about a guy going to the pig roast one time that parked on a hill and all the fuel sloshed to one end of the tank and had to get some guys at the pig roast to try to push start him...  ;)
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

sawguy21

Now who would do such a thing? ;D

doc henderson

hmmm.  some people have good memories.  that is the problem with an 8 foot long 60 gallon tank.! :D :D
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Resonator

I didn't mention any names... ;D
Many year's ago I had a semi fuel tank run bone dry, at night, fully loaded, in winter, right on the off ramp to the truck stop. So I'm a member of the club too Doc. ;)
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Southside

Maybe it has something do do with the lack of hills where the Sunflowers grow?  :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Jim_Rogers

I don't remember any hill near Jeff's street/house.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

doc henderson

the slope along the fence between the house and barn/shop.  at less than a quarter tank, you are fine to drive, but stop on a slope and it can all run to front or back.  I usually fill up under a half.  can effectively add about 35 gallons.  at 18 mpg with the Duramax, I get a fair range.  just cannot get greedy. :).  it is like going to NY to see the Adirondack "mountains"  when you grew up seeing the rocky mountains.

firefighter ontheside

Boy, did I just do something dumb, but it wasn't as dumb as it could have been.  I went to park my wifes car in the garage but realized the little tennis ball we have hanging to know how far to pull in wasn't there.  I put the car in "park" and got out to put the ball back.  The trouble was that "park" was actually reverse.  I got out and that car immediately went backwards.  I managed to jump back in and slam on the brake.  It made a big screech sound and luckily didn't hit the side of the garage.  That would have been the really dumb part.  What she doesn't know won't hurt her.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

sawguy21

An acquaintance from high school got killed doing that. Apparently she had the engine running while cleaning the snow off the windshield, her husband thinks junior put the car in reverse. She tried to jump in and got run over.

firefighter ontheside

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

HemlockKing

I lose my wedges and mallet in the woods frequently that’s something dumb I do I gotta rehab, I don’t wanna wear a belt really either.
A1

mudfarmer

HK, I cut the wedge pouch off my chaps, it was useless there anyway. Then took a broken boot lace and poked a couple holes to tie a sling. Now it gets hung on the tractor, axe handle, carabineer on belt, on a limb where I forget it and have to go back... Hey, wait a minute  ;D

KenMac

Quote from: HemlockKing on July 16, 2021, 09:34:28 AM
I lose my wedges and mallet in the woods frequently that's something dumb I do I gotta rehab, I don't wanna wear a belt really either.
Paint them all hot pink or some other highly visible color. At least they will be easier to find when you forget them.
Cook's AC3667t, Cat Claw sharpener, Dual tooth setter, and Band Roller, Kubota B26 TLB, Takeuchi TB260C

Thank You Sponsors!