iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New to the forum

Started by Wylee, June 04, 2016, 03:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wylee

Hey all, I'm new to the forum and new to milling. Just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Lee. I have a love for machinery and I'm infatuated with old Frick mills. I'm a trapper, fisherman and hunter. I also enjoy metal working. I joined this forum with hopes of gaining knowledge and maybe a few friends. It would be nice to meet someone that would talk my ear off about old saws. -Lee

sandsawmill14

well then you have come to the right place ;D  welcome to forestry forum :) :) :)  when you get a chance add your location to your profile and it will help with future questions you might have ;)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

tnaz

Welcome Wylee;  you can find a lot of Great info here for sure.

Have fun,

Terry

Savannahdan

Welcome to the forum from Savannah Georgia. 
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

Wylee

Thanks sandsaw! Fixed my location.

Wylee

derhntr

2006 Woodmizer LT40HDG28 with command control (I hate walking in sawdust)
US Army National Guard (RET) SFC

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Wylee!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Joey Grimes

94 woodmizer lt40 HD kabota 5200 ford 4000 94 international 4700 flatbed and lots of woodworking tools.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

dgdrls

Welcome to the FF wylee,

D

Brad_bb

Welcome!  You could offer to offbear for someone local in exchange for teaching you about milling, how to set up the log for various situations, etc.  Knowledge to be gained by doing.... and here on the forums.  Doing will lead to more questions to ask here on the forums.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

sandsawmill14

Quote from: Wylee on June 04, 2016, 05:20:37 PM
Thanks sandsaw! Fixed my location.

see now i know we arent exactly neighbors :D :D :D 
do you have a mill or just thinking about one ???
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Czech_Made

Seavee

Wood mizer lt50 47hp yanmar Diesel  Sthil MS311, Ms661 MS200T, 029 farm boss  and a New Holland T4  75hp.

Sixacresand

"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

scully

Welcome ! I have to say you have arrived at one of the coolest places on the net . I know I love it here .
I bleed orange  .

crowhill

Welcome to the forum Wylee. It's a great place to learn and to find forgotten information!
TimberKing B-20, Kubota M-4900 w/FEL with tooth bar, hyd thumb and forks, Farmi winch, 4 chain saws.

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Wylee and thanks for the introduction.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

dean herring

Welcome Wylee from Louisiana.
How's the weather?
Failure is not an option  3D Lumber

samandothers

Welcome to a great place to learn!

redprospector

1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

Wylee

Thanks again all! To answer some questions... I do not have a mill yet. We are about to move to Salcha Alaska. When we get settled in there, I want to get more serious about milling. Im also a novice wood worker and have several project ideas requiring a mill.
The weather the last week has been hot! Couple days in the 90s and 100 another day.
Also, Brad bb, great idea! I have been thinking the same thing. But with few friends and knowledge of saw mill locations in Alaska, it might take a while.

pine

Well you are going out a ways, not quite into the bush but starting to push it a bit.

Member @starmac is up in Fairbanks which is not that far away considering everything else and I think he has an LT40HD that he saws with some. Might PM him if he does not pick up on this and see it.

There is a WM rep in the Anchorage area that can probably help you find some other sawyers up that way as well.  Most of the one I am familiar with are in the Kenai area and that is a good stretch from Salcha.

If you are not leaving too soon there are folks in Oregon not that far south of you that may be another resource.

Again welcome.

Thank You Sponsors!