iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

S&W Band Sawmill

Started by CValdez, January 21, 2011, 07:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CValdez

Can any one tell me more about the S&W model 125 band sawmill? I am thinking about purchasing a used mill!

ronwood

Welcome to the forum. Can't help you with that model of sawmill.
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

old joe

I can't believe it!!!  I have and use a S&W.  It 's not  an easy, sit down, do all the workkind of mill.  But with patience and work it will cut.  Mine is 13 HP  wish it was stronger, but doesn"t appear to be built heavy enough to carry a much heavier motor.
If the price is right and you're handy and fit go for it.

Joe
THE NEW YANKEE TIL A NEWER ONE ARRIVES THEN I\'LL BE THE OLD YANKEE

Jeff

I think S&W used to make some big commercial size stuff. Not sure if they are in business any longer.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Larry

Like this one?

I've only seen two and only saw one of them running.  You'll never worry about wavy lumber.  It's also really fast.  Think they run 3 or 4" swaged tooth bands.  The mill pictured had 50 hp electric if I remember right.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Cedarman

S&W was out of Elba Alabama.  I believe they went out of business several years ago.  We purchased a small 7" blade edger from them in 92.  Still runs everyday and is easy to work on.   We also have a gang rip for lumber that works well when we need it.  We used to use it all the time, but business changed. 
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

CValdez

I would like to thank everyone for their information about this mill! I contacted a guy who has one for sale and he seemed to know alot about the mill. Yes, the company that manufactured this mill is no longer in business. However, it appears to be a heavy duty mill.

Thanks guys!

Thank You Sponsors!