iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

diapers on equipment

Started by nativewolf, August 25, 2020, 07:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nativewolf

Quote from: tule peak timber on August 26, 2020, 07:09:05 PM
I used jumbo Modess pads with the sticky backing on my various engine leaks for years in the machinery spaces on my boats. There are also oil absorbent pads , but they are pretty expensive. Nothing is as expensive as failing a Coast Guard examination ,,,,so it is all relative.
 The kid pool idea is also good. A couple of my friends leased a Convair 880 years ago and we had to put kiddy pools under each engine nacelle  or we were not allowed to stay at airports overnight.Don't ask what we did with all the waste oil.....
So hmm...what did you do with the oil?  and where the heck do you park it if not an airport?
Liking Walnut

nativewolf

Quote from: chevytaHOE5674 on August 26, 2020, 05:34:05 PM
If a tree hugger can spot a 1 quart leak spread over more than a 200sqft lot i would crap my pants. What are they going to do when a hose blows? Haha.

If they are truly magic and can spot that size of leak I would just wait until the machine is fixed and before it starts leaking again. Lol
Man when it sits overnight in the same spot for a week the two leaks (both about a quart) are just giant black stains, slick with oil.  Not a great sight and I can see it from 100' away ..so can the property owners.  It's the property owners that matter, not tree huggers per se but very very high end area.  For that matter I mean our forwarder could not work on a utility line project with these leaks.    
Ponsse is being great, they'll get fixed soon.  Just for several days I will change diapers.  
Liking Walnut

nativewolf

Quote from: thecfarm on August 26, 2020, 05:37:01 PM
Put a kiddie pool under it. I sold 4 to some crew just for that reason.
Good idea for when it's parked, I can always take it over to our county recycling landfill.  I have some buckets :).
Liking Walnut

kiko

If you go kiddie pool option, you could rig up an electric pump with a filter and just pump  the oil  back in .  Not my idea but have seen that set up on a barko 295 with a leaky swivel.  

tule peak timber

Quote from: nativewolf on August 26, 2020, 08:07:30 PM
Quote from: tule peak timber on August 26, 2020, 07:09:05 PM
I used jumbo Modess pads with the sticky backing on my various engine leaks for years in the machinery spaces on my boats. There are also oil absorbent pads , but they are pretty expensive. Nothing is as expensive as failing a Coast Guard examination ,,,,so it is all relative.
 The kid pool idea is also good. A couple of my friends leased a Convair 880 years ago and we had to put kiddy pools under each engine nacelle  or we were not allowed to stay at airports overnight.Don't ask what we did with all the waste oil.....
So hmm...what did you do with the oil?  and where the heck do you park it if not an airport?
We also could not self start,,,,,,We just moved the jet every few hours State to State ahead of the tarmac complaints. I ran out of money in Sitka and had to hitch a ride home early on in this venture.The plane was buried eventually in a snowstorm shortly later in Nova Scotia and when the spring thaw came Mr Hughes's folks had the whole thing repo'ed and sent back to the Mojave desert.
 No comment on the oil, about a half case a day for 4 engines......
 More pertinent to this thread are the jumbo Modess pads. ;D
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

mike_belben

Quote from: thecfarm on August 26, 2020, 05:37:01 PM
Put a kiddie pool under it. I sold 4 to some crew just for that reason.
Its all fun and games until theres a downpour  :P
Praise The Lord

Southside

So Rob I have to ask - what were you and your friends doing with a leased AIRLINER?  Is there a Roadie story here that involves Jerry Garcia?  :D 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

nativewolf

Quote from: Southside on August 26, 2020, 09:58:07 PM
So Rob I have to ask - what were you and your friends doing with a leased AIRLINER?  Is there a Roadie story here that involves Jerry Garcia?  :D
I am going guess fish...sitka and nova scotia...that just smells fishy :D
Liking Walnut

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

Southside

I don't know....sounds an awful lot like someone taking all of their winnings and flying up to Nova Scotia to watch the total eclipse of the sun.  Maybe we finally found out that Carly was singing about Rob?  :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

tule peak timber

Yes, the cargo version and to fly fresh fish into the Los Angeles marketplace. Huge lease payments, fuel costs, inability to self start- meaning we had to bribe or beg starts off of bigger carriers (cases of Coors beer) at each airport.
 I tried another similar business with flying race horses and fresh fish (separately  :D ) that failed before it got off of the ground. You need to pick honest partners......
  Then there was the remake of IntroVision, a small movie studio that I got involved with in the 90's . The super Modess pad were useful to ease the hemorrhaging of my wallet. Again you need to pick honest partners and there are slim pickings in Hollywood.
  Someone pointed out last week that my posts are "simply quite ridiculous " I'm back to work.....

mike_belben

Well, theres always wood working...
Praise The Lord

Resonator

Quotemeaning we had to bribe or beg starts off of bigger carriers (cases of Coors beer) at each airport.
"The problem here, is that Coors beer, you take that east of Texas, and that's bootlegging." (Old movie quote.) ;D

Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

mike_belben

Bum bum bum easaasst bound and dowwwwwnnnn loadedupntruckn

Breaker breaker got a picture taker all the smokies at the 43.  Its the truckers joy that japanese toy that everybody calls CB
Praise The Lord

tule peak timber

A six pack and a crisp 100 dollar bill is how I started my sawmill business 15 years ago. Beer is a universal happy face commodity that crosses all lines........ 8) 8) 8) 8)

krusty

If it has a detroit in it and its not leaking daily, something aint right. Pretty sure that the FSM said leaking was part of the normal operation!   ;D

Thank You Sponsors!