iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

AEROQUIP hydraulic hose

Started by snowstorm, September 11, 2020, 04:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snowstorm

has anyone else had trouble with it? 1 inch 4 wire. i had one blow in june no big deal it had been on there for a couple yrs. buy a new one on june 11 on aug 12 it blows and its replacement went today. at $ 265 each. so i called motion industries head office in portland. his first question was did the ends blow off. cause we have had trouble with that. he pretty much said your out of luck and i should buy a different brand. his boss just called saying he wants the hose and will make it right. we will see.  so i went to the rottne dealer got a parker hose same size 1" 4 wire 10 ft long $135. the aeroquip is made in china

Southside

Have never tried them, but I have to say that's a pretty sweet deal on the Parker hose! 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

moodnacreek

By the time you find out what brand of hose to buy you can't get it anymore. Aeroquip was once very good. Gates was garbage but has changed. I have had whole rolls rot before I could use it. Some of the longest lasting is or was Goodyear.

Autocar

There's a Aeroquip Factory in Van Wert Ohio I have stopped there and they have made me numbers of hoses High heat hoses and have had good luck with them . Well at least they want to make it right it would be interesting if they would let you know what caused the failure.
Bill

snowstorm

the lay line. as he called it is molded into the hose. tells all the specs and where it was made. its home town somewhere in china. as far as the parker being a deal. yes it was but they did not lose money on it. it dose show how much some mark up hose prices

BargeMonkey

I just bought a new Gates machine, in the deal I had to take quite a bit of inventory, figure when you go to Napa and get a hose they made 40% is the best way to describe the pricing mark up. 
 I had some issues with chinese ends, bought some fitting from the place in PA, putting the blower together and throught it was a good idea, wait till you blow the crimp loose on a 1" hose. 

bushmechanic

We have had it all over the years and the only thing I can say is crimp to diameter of the manufacturer. Harvesters eat 4 wire hose for sure, and no getting away from it. We are currently using Pulsar brand and is average for the price. I personally like Gates for the fittings...can reuse alot of the time so cuts down on the cost if your just replacing a furelle. Good luck on getting something done! I guess you'll soon be pushing the white crap soon, snowstorm!

Banjo picker

I was just picking mikes brain about this subject yesterday morning.  I need to get a press.  How about some pictures of what you guys have and and opinion on how you like or dont like it.  I tried to buy one from a fellow that has joining property to me, but he don't want to get rid of it yet.  His health is so bad I doubt he is able to do much, but for now its not for sale.  Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

snowstorm

hose marked up 40%? a lot more than that. from the invoice. motion . 9.5ft 1 " 4 wire aeroquip with tax. $269.65. from heavy machines. same size hose brand parker. the hose plus 4 pails of oil. $247.84. aero prices. hose $19.02 per ft hose ends$ 37.45..parker   hose $11.62 per ft ends$9.47

Corley5

With the manufacturer's crimp specs I've used different brands of hose and fittings in my old Dayco press.  Parker bought Dayco quite a while ago.  I've used a lot of Ryco stuff and just lately I used Textron when I re-hosed my firewood machine.  It's way cheaper to walk into a supply house and walk out with the hose and fittings to make your own hoses.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

BargeMonkey

Theres money to be made in it but 10k bucks in inventory is nothing, another guy I deal with spent 30k to get into 4 wire. I bought a DUMPTRUCK load of hose and fitting a few yrs ago in the Bronx for 1500 bucks, the place had went to auction and the kid didnt know what he had bought, I only got 1/2 of it, someone else got 90% of the fittings and judging from the pile of hose it had to be alot, I mean couldn't fit anymore in a 1 ton truck, counted him his money and ran 😆 
 I've mixed and matched, only problem I've had is the chinese fittings. My parker machine eats Weatherhead, Parker, Eaton, no complaints. 

mike_belben

I use an old aeroquip with whatever fitting i can get on whatever chunk of old salvaged hose looks useable and already has 1 good end on it if possible.  Havent blown any of mine yet.  Once in a while i do hafta actually buy some hose to put my ends on ..maybe once a year. 
Praise The Lord

moodnacreek

My old Prentiss F loader only has 1850 psi so I still use reusable/ 2 wire hose. When this machine was new everything was 
weatherhead and all you needed was bulk hose and a way to cut it and 2 cresent wrenches.  But on the grapple I cheat and carry Surplus Center crimped hose as it is so cheap. 

BargeMonkey

Somewhere I've got a roll of hydraulic wrap tape, comes in a white cover and made in Canada. Every 5yrs we would change every hose on the tug and the barge, the ends and a few inches where wrapped in this brown tape, I've spent weeks putting it on, pull the tape off and the ends where still brand new with no corrosion. 
 Bailey Hydraulic is the place for buying hose wrap or sleeve if any of you guys are looking, priced it thru a local dealer and fell over, these people are very reasonable for it. 

mike_belben

I put free firehose over my hydraulic hoses whenever one gets changed.  Keeps the chafing and UV degradation down but mostly it will help contain the plume and reduce potential for injection when one goes.  Just be sure you snip in some rainwater drainage.
Praise The Lord

Skeans1

@mike_belben 
The sheath is great but it's a fire hazard waiting to happen and part of the reason everything has gone to wrap.

mike_belben

I agree, but everything about me is a fire hazard so it kinda evens out.
Praise The Lord

Autocar

Bill

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!