iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Boiled Peanuts

Started by Magicman, September 04, 2011, 06:35:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Yup, LadyMM and I enjoyed boiled peanuts while working at the tree farm this past week.

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

zopi

Been ki.d of craving some salty boiled peanutz myself...might have to run down the road and pick some up this week...they don't seem to be growing many here this year...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

WDH

Going to be a tough year for peanuts with the dry weather. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

zopi

It really has not been that dry here...not wet, certainly, but we didn't dry out much here until mid july...the last three or four years have been much worse...irrigation is becoming more common here.
The corn crop was great here, as is cotton and soybeans...I heard the spring wheat crop was pretty heavy too..
I was just thinking about it, and I cannot recall a single field of peanuts in our county...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Magicman

With good boiled peanuts, who needs ethanol  ???
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Burlkraft

Boiled peanuts are something that I tried once and never saw the need to try again.

Maybe I got some bad ones, but I remember thinking, "How could anybody like these?"
Why not just 1 pain free day?

SwampDonkey

:D :D :D Like mine roasted. ;)

Some of the many hunter sportsmen that came to grandfather's would bring sacks of jumbo peanuts. My grandfather loved peanuts.  :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

zopi

Ya gotta get em fresh.

I have to say, though...had some "world famous," peanut soup awhile back...yeeecch! Would rather lick the inside of an old skidder pan...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Magicman

Wow, I would not know what the "inside of an old skidder pan..." tasted like.   ;D :D :D

zopi

Me either. But that soup sucked.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Buck

Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

Weekend_Sawyer

Oooh man, I'm hurtin for some boiled peanuts!
I am a bit of a purist when it comes to them, I don't like cajun seasoning or anything.
Just salt and boil.

Now I'm gonna have to head down to GA and get some!

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

trapper

I'm with Burlcraft.  Tried them once in Flordia.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Woodcarver

Must be something about the nortern palate.  So many of just don't know how to appreciate grits or boiled peanuts.  I love peanuts--just as long as they've not been in close proximity with a pan of boiling water.  :)
Just an old dog learning new tricks.......Woodcarver

pineywoods

Boiling peanuts just completely ruins an otherwise fine snack food. I like them raw...
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

WDH

America is the land of the free.  Free will, that is.  That is what makes America great.  You have choices that you are free to exercise.  No laws or state decrees that decry peanuts or any other food. 

Some people cannot abide grits.  That is fine.  Some don't like lutefisk.  More power to you.  Some cannot stomach haggis.  It must have been how you were raised.  I am sure that many would not tolerate raw blubber from a whale or seal.  Even sardines or kippered herring turn some people off.  Many will not eat head cheese or souse meat.  I even bet that some do not like boiled moose brains.  Cracklins' might crack some people up.  My Daddy even loved to eat pigs, chicken feet, and chitlins. 

For the record, like MM and Jon said, bring on the peanuts, boiling water, and salt.  In fact, I will have some boiled peanuts tonight just to celebrate the event.  It is time for football and boiled peanuts before the cold north wind blows  :).

To each his own.  food1

Free will, ain't it great  8).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

I have a hankering for a piece of cornbread with blueberries, covered in apple sauce. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WDH

SD, that is weird, very weird  :D.

SwampDonkey

;D Seems to go down real easy. :D

Magicman

Is there a loose moose somewhere on here  ???

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Mooseherder

Boiled Peanuts are so good.   8)

Magicman

WDH

There is a moose, but it does not have any brains.  SD has slathered them with blueberries  :D.

Magicman

I had ta go back and look at that picture again.

Quote from: SwampDonkey on September 05, 2011, 08:01:21 PM

I definitely see slathered and scattered.   ;D

Thank You Sponsors!