iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

$7958 for a firewood processor !

Started by genesis5521, December 21, 2009, 08:49:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

dON
Jump on it. I think you may have a good idea there.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

genesis5521

Quote from: beenthere on January 25, 2010, 10:44:26 PM
dON
Jump on it. I think you may have a good idea there.

If I knew a little bit about engineering, and knew how to weld and fabricate, I would !
All it would take is some small welding/fabricating shop to produce an inexpensive processor.
The Canadian firm that produces them has only 3 employees.

dON  <><

Ed_K

i have 2 pieces of equipment from canada a small log loader and a 6" wood chipper both are made with thinner steel than usa made counterparts. I haven't had much problems with the chipper but the loader has lots of new steel added and lotsof welds. I made a processor a few yrs ago that at best could do a cord an hr. but ruined both rotator cuffs throwing the split wood onto the 1 ton,a conveyor is a must have.
Ed K

phillies10

go to embmfg.com look at the unit that in new product

SwampDonkey

If that unit is made in Edmundston, it's a 1 hour drive from here. I couldn't honestly give any opinion on the machine and I'm sure there is some design cost involved in fabricating such a thing. However, I can't see where your coming ahead when you are going to wrestle with 8 foot logs. Fine, so it loads them on the bed. And it isn't going to be no smooth loading operation from what I see for loading apparatus. But, what about getting them logs to the processor, what support equipment you using? Did I miss that part in the thread? I see a big novelty piece of equipment personally. Nothing I can't match with chainsaw and my $500 homemade wood splitter my neighbor built. Which ain't no tin weld job btw. Ok, maybe I'm superman.  Not every piece needs to be split and a 16" but gets quarter split for my purposes and maybe split two or three more blocks up the log but only half slabs. The rest goes in the pile round. ;) You cutting 16" kitchen stovewood or actual 22" furnace wood? I cut furnace wood. Makes a big difference in the cutting and handling required. Maybe I'm just not seeing what your seeing.  :) That being said, my firewood guy does split his wood a little finer. I'm training him, hard to teach an old dog. :D :D Anyway, don't let my ramblings stand in the way. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!