iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wallenstein WP845 on the way.

Started by burlbark, July 25, 2023, 01:57:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burlbark

Well I did it... It only took me nearly 10 years to bite the bullet and commit. I was waiting for a bigger unit with adjustable 6 way and Wallenstein listened. I have Hundreds of cords of mature and dying Bull Pine and Doug fire, much of it 30" in diameter. This was the only processor outside of stupid money that I could find that could work wood this size.

My Clark Ranger grapple skidder is finally being retired after nearly killing me or my working partners for 30 years. I will need a tractor of some sort or a logging trailer with Boom and winch to stage.

Pics to come in 4 weeks or less, Wallenstein has to build the 875. 845 is much smaller in capacity and pictured for reference.

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

burlbark

Yep it handles 32" diameter logs vs 22".

burlbark

Well I was misslead the 875 and 845 will process a max diameter of 22". The 875 will do 36" splits and the 845 will do 24". Shipping on the 22nd.

burlbark

I received the 845 on the 8th of last month. I have 40 hours on the processor and have completed just over 30 cord of firewood. Its not a perfect machine but its likely the best on the market at this price point. 16" logs with the 6 way are the the sweet spot. 22" diameter is where much of my firewood is and requires lots of resplitting and this drastically slows down production. I have done a cord in 45 minutes with good logs. Pics to come...

burlbark

Pics as promised... Any questions ask away. $12,000 in firewood in the first 3 weeks of ownership, not bad.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Southside

Those sure are some nice firewood logs!!  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Bruno of NH

Keep us posted on if you like it.
If I ever can get a processor that would be what I can afford. 
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

burlbark

Quote from: Bruno of NH on October 28, 2023, 02:56:33 PM
Keep us posted on if you like it.
If I ever can get a processor that would be what I can afford.

Thats one of the biggest reasons I bought this unit. I have done somewhere around 50 cord now trying to operate between rain storms. Hopefully posting this is allowed..

This is my wife and I and are real world review.

Wallenstein WP845 Firewood processor 30 hour review and first look in the wood yard. - YouTube

Thank You Sponsors!