iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

whack of logs

Started by woodmills1, February 24, 2002, 10:32:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

here is a shot of the forwarder with a fair load of red oak.  the traction is so bad with all the mud i didn't dare put anymore on.  In fact i had to take the top two 18 foot logs off to get up the hill into the orchard, then winch them back to reload. spent 4 days haulin sticks and 4 days cutting, some vacation week :D. pulled 2 loads before noon today. On the ground behind the trailer you can see one of the 18 foot 8x8's for a post and beam carraige house one of my customers is building.

James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

RavioliKid

I'm glad you're staying out of trouble!

:D
RavioliKid

DanG

Nice WHACK, Woody. I brung home a little whack, myself, today. A friend had some residue from a clearing project, that he gave me. We had to skid them through some rough terrain with my Dooley, then loaded about 3 tons of smallish, but straight, oak and cherry on my trailer. There are still some larger oak and pine logs, but I'll have to take the tractor over to load them. At least we got them out of the way, so the grading folks can do their thing.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

woodman

Jim if you were at your old place would you have had all that fun playing in the mud?  By the way I like your new red toy. I bet it saves a lot of time to get a log on the mill. :)                                                                                                                                    Woodman162 Lake
Jim Cripanuk

woodmills1

used to play in the mud on the sawin end at the old place, but this come outta da woods into the orchard mud is a whole new expeience. :D i been thinkin i might have a topsoil mine here besides the red oak and black birch. :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Thank You Sponsors!